Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
For fun- strangest edible item you received in MM?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:32 pm
A box of water!
It literally looked like a small white carton of milk but it said on it "boxed water is better." So I was like ok, let's try this boxed water thing.
It tasted like cardboard. Literally. So no, sorry, boxed water is not better.
I do appreciate the water as opposed to the can of soda, though. Just stick with a water bottle next time.

Beautiful

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 9:51 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
I think the goldfish wins the prize. How does this work? You put a goldfish in a box with water? Do they realize it's not actually considered food for mishloach munis?

I've received edible flowers with cut up vegetables. I've gotten a hard boiled egg with a small container dip. I've gotten weird random food. But a live goldfish?!?

Maybe they want the recipient to have really fresh dish for their seuda? Hiding

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 10:28 pm
amother Canary wrote:
A goldfish

What does that mean? Like a goldfish cracker? Or someone gave you a pet as MM? Or something else?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 10:44 pm
A bright red pickle

Apparently some kind of Mexican delicacy?

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Mar 25 2024, 10:48 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
What does that mean? Like a goldfish cracker? Or someone gave you a pet as MM? Or something else?

No, it was a live goldfish swimming in a bucket. The family was dressed up as fishermen. Unfortunately much to my children’s dismay, the goldfish died around 2 hours ago. They are so sad now.

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:32 am
A whole fish , uncooked. Even had the eyes, looked disgusting. Went straight to the giveaway pile.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:36 am
amother DarkGray wrote:
A whole fish , uncooked. Even had the eyes, looked disgusting. Went straight to the giveaway pile.

I try not to judge, but ewwwww. That is so gross. I can't imagine someone gving that!! (and I'm into themes. But this is beyond limits!)

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:43 am
amother Acacia wrote:
I try not to judge, but ewwwww. That is so gross. I can't imagine someone gving that!! (and I'm into themes. But this is beyond limits!)

I actually think this is a great idea. And probably expensive...

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:03 am
Just sayin
Raw pasta, raw fish or LIVE fish, water, vanilla extract don't count for MM!!
Seltzer, salt and spices might be an issue too....
I sure hope those people gave someone a different package and were Yotzei the Mitzvah!

amother
Green

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:17 am
I got a jar of gefilte fish, together with a bottle of mayonaise. I thought it was an interesting idea. (They left out the carrot.)

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:20 am
The strangest thing I got was the same bag back from a neighbor with a few of the same items and she added a few new ones 😂 at least she took out the note.
Before you ask, I'm positive she didn't just buy the same bags as me.
(It's totally fine, in Israel there's a known joke that buildings should just buy one package of Wafers and pass it around to everyone because that's what happens anyway, I was laughing so hard seeing the joke actually happen).
(I got great shalach manos from the rest of the neighbors, so all is well).

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:31 am
I received a pomelo in one bag and in another a can of tuna, an avocado, sunflower seeds, and a can of chickpeas (Israel army food theme—clever and useful.)

English3

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:39 am
I am a teacher so maybe it explains the shlach monos but I got bath bombs, thats it.

Monyka02

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:52 am
One of the quirkiest edible items I received was a packet of bacon-flavored cotton candy! It was definitely a unique... combination of flavors...

imasinger

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:57 am
I'm afraid we were the givers of something strange this year. DD 21 loves spicy food and unique combinations, and baked some chili chocolate cookies. DH, DD and I thought they were delicious, but not everyone else did. We did try to warn all recipients, but some people thought we were joking. 🥴

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 6:04 am
The tuscanini cola is actually really good you should try it!!!

We didn't get any weird or themed mm my family is too boring!!

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:08 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
I think the goldfish wins the prize. How does this work? You put a goldfish in a box with water? Do they realize it's not actually considered food for mishloach munis?

I've received edible flowers with cut up vegetables. I've gotten a hard boiled egg with a small container dip. I've gotten weird random food. But a live goldfish?!?

The ones I got were given from their children to my children. With a few treats on the side. The parents did not give goldfish.

It was to be shticky. But I really wasn’t that thrilled.

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:17 am
amother Periwinkle wrote:
Just sayin
Raw pasta, raw fish or LIVE fish, water, vanilla extract don't count for MM!!
Seltzer, salt and spices might be an issue too....
I sure hope those people gave someone a different package and were Yotzei the Mitzvah!

I am not a posek but I think raw sushi grade fish and lox (which is raw) would count.
It is good which is ready to eat.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:27 am
a candy enema. Anonymous because I spoke about this in real life.

amother
Canary

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:45 am
imasinger wrote:
I'm afraid we were the givers of something strange this year. DD 21 loves spicy food and unique combinations, and baked some chili chocolate cookies. DH, DD and I thought they were delicious, but not everyone else did. We did try to warn all recipients, but some people thought we were joking. 🥴

Did you at least label it so people realized before they bit in?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics