Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Most ridiculous unfounded assumptions

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 4:47 am
What's the most ludicrous assumption you've seen being made on Imamother when there was no basis for it?
Aaaaaand go!

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:03 am
I think this topic is against the rules, as it is against the rules to make a new topic just to criticise a post/poster on another thread.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:17 am
amother Turquoise wrote:
I think this topic is against the rules, as it is against the rules to make a new topic just to criticise a post/poster on another thread.

Not sure what you are referring to, but whatever it is I'm definitely not referring to it as this isn't referring to any poster...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 5:29 am
To clarify
Sometimes someone posts about a situation and posters assume things about her situation...
Or she posts vaguely about a family member and people decide they know what her relationship to said relative is based on, well, nothing
Or times when people assume all schools/shuls/communities operate a certain way, when again,it isn't based on anything posted and discussed....

Did this happen to you? What was assumed for no reason and made you chuckle?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:08 am
I assume you're not referring to the princess Kate conspiracy theories 😉

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:44 am
Most recently the thread about the woman whose father usually gives them money on Purim. Felt like the posters have zero reading comprehension and made ridiculous assumptions and came to even more ridiculous conclusions.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 9:48 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I assume you're not referring to the princess Kate conspiracy theories 😉

Did not read those threads.... Like I said I'm not referring to something specific

More to the experience of reading something and scratching your head thinking where did that assumption come from?!

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:06 am
Your husband must be a narcissist.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:10 am
amother OP wrote:
Not sure what you are referring to, but whatever it is I'm definitely not referring to it as this isn't referring to any poster...

So that was basically an unfounded assumption?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:14 am
WhatFor wrote:
So that was basically an unfounded assumption?

GOOD ONE!!!! LOL

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:16 am
That if you're making it financially without parental help, it must be because you are on programs that you are getting underhandedly.

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:18 am
amother Viola wrote:
Most recently the thread about the woman whose father usually gives them money on Purim. Felt like the posters have zero reading comprehension and made ridiculous assumptions and came to even more ridiculous conclusions.

It’s because her first post was different so poster’s responded to that and when it was changed she didn’t own up to it

People made pretty normal assumptions based on what she first wrote

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 10:19 am
Someone once posted a scenario in which a family member mocked her for something she said to the cleaning lady (not sure exact details..) and someone else responded that it's because she is very rude to her cleaning lady because she knows many people in a certain community who treat their CL like dirt and boss them around and this OP surely also does and if she would talk nicely to her CL then this wouldn't have happened.... blah blah blah... This was literally made up out of thin air, it was so bizarre.
(And the OP even clarified after that she's extremely nice to her CL but the whole posters response was just so weird. )

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:11 am
amother Brass wrote:
Your husband must be a narcissist.

People conflate "narcissist" with NPD. They're not the same thing. "Narcissist" means someone who is incredibly self centered, not necessarily diagnosable.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:34 am
amother RosePink wrote:
It’s because her first post was different so poster’s responded to that and when it was changed she didn’t own up to it

That thread is full of weird assumptions that have nothing to do with 1 detail that was changed.
Bizarre

Debbie

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:38 am
Not sure this is what you mean OP but on Tisha B'Av 2022 there was a link to Yoel Gold videos; I watched the videos but my connection kept cutting out.
I mentioned how worthwhile the videos were to watch, and I did also mention the connection issues I had; one poster suggested my comments about my connection issues might put other people off watching the videos.
Maybe I was feeling a bit sensitive at the time but to me it was like saying that other posters couldn't think for themselves and see how good their own connection was.
As I said I'm not sure this is what you meant but I do think the assumption that my personal Internet connection put others off watching livestreamed videos was both unfounded and hurtful.

Last edited by Debbie on Tue, Mar 26 2024, 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Crystal

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:50 am
amother RosePink wrote:

There was a tiny bit of ambiguity but people jumped to the worst conclusion.

Peersupport

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 11:54 am
The skipped out on check thread.

People making all kinds of assumptions about the sister's financial state and missing the point.
Sister only had to pay for her own portion and racked up the largest bill.
You don't do that if you can't pay for it.

Also the $200 dollar thread.
I find that if the first responder reads the post wrong, then everyone else just takes the thread off the rails.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:03 pm
amother Poinsettia wrote:
That if you're making it financially without parental help, it must be because you are on programs that you are getting underhandedly.

Or that if you have nice things and are on programs you must be cheating the system. Can’t be that people gave you gifts, or gift cards, or money to spend….

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 12:12 pm
Its not an assumption but its the most ridiculous thing I ever read here.

By Chassidish weddings, the chosson kallah dtd in the yichud room, and then they bring out a bloody towel to show everyone she was a virgin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics