Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
S/o protecting children's privacy

Do you have a profile picture of your children on your WhatsApp
Yes  
 33%  [ 52 ]
No  
 66%  [ 104 ]
Total Votes : 156

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:08 pm
Do you have a profile picture of your children

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you have a profile picture of your children

I used to when I had my first 2 kids.... Then I got a degree and realized I didn't want all my clients to necessarily know how many kids I had, their ages and what they looked like..... Also I got uncomfortable bec I have lots of cousins and etc on Whatsapp and I never know who chooses to space their kids, and who's having trouble or not having for mental health or sholom bais reasons... Why have my kids thrown in their faces every time I WhatsApp them....

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:27 pm
Yes. But my settings are set that only people I have saved as contacts can see it.
And for my business/work I have a separate number + WhatsApp.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:37 pm
No. I don't have a profile picture. It crosses a line for me and just not doing it keeps a boundary in place.

Also, regarding kids specifically- if I don't want my face on there, why should my kids be put out there? Seems unfair to them.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:40 pm
I don’t get the kids as profile pic

amother
Watermelon

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:51 pm
I have a family picture. I really appreciate when acquaintances have that so I recognize who I’m chatting with… people like mothers of my kids classmates, other women in the community, etc- iow someone I need to talk to occasionally but don’t actually know well.

I occasionally use my phone for business and don’t mind my clients seeing a glimpse of my family. I also enjoy seeing theirs.

I never chat on WhatsApp with random people, there’s always a connection there.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:52 pm
amother Dustypink wrote:
I used to when I had my first 2 kids.... Then I got a degree and realized I didn't want all my clients to necessarily know how many kids I had, their ages and what they looked like..... Also I got uncomfortable bec I have lots of cousins and etc on Whatsapp and I never know who chooses to space their kids, and who's having trouble or not having for mental health or sholom bais reasons... Why have my kids thrown in their faces every time I WhatsApp them....

Sounds smart!

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 7:53 pm
I sometimes post a status, (purim, a simcha...) but only family & close friends can see it.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:14 pm
amother Watermelon wrote:
I have a family picture. I really appreciate when acquaintances have that so I recognize who I’m chatting with… people like mothers of my kids classmates, other women in the community, etc- iow someone I need to talk to occasionally but don’t actually know well.

I occasionally use my phone for business and don’t mind my clients seeing a glimpse of my family. I also enjoy seeing theirs.

I never chat on WhatsApp with random people, there’s always a connection there.

I agree, it's nice to see who I'm talking to, usually it's someone I recognize from around. When otherwise I wouldn't be able to place a name with a face.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:23 pm
Yes, but it's my kidd backs. It's a stunning picture

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 8:36 pm
No, I don't post any pictures of my children publicly. I send pics to private family chats, but that's it.

amother
Violet

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 1:31 am
No. I treasure data safety and privacy. I don't even use my own picture, I've got an avatar that looks similar enough to me.
I've been harrassed and had my private data misused on the internet by someone in the past. That's why I'm super cautious and of course keep my children's pictures away from the public as well.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 11:19 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Yes, but it's my kidd backs. It's a stunning picture

Yes I have the same kind of thing

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 11:28 am
anything I send to my mother (picsc of me or my kids etc) can and will be put on her status.

she keeps it private so really only people she chooses see it.. but still

I get regards from Raandom peopel all the time oh! I saw you on your mothers status.

honestly if it really bothered me enough id say something... but although I would ideally rather not I dont think its worth enough to me to make a stink.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 11:32 am
amother Whitewash wrote:
anything I send to my mother (picsc of me or my kids etc) can and will be put on her status.

she keeps it private so really only people she chooses see it.. but still

I get regards from Raandom peopel all the time oh! I saw you on your mothers status.

honestly if it really bothered me enough id say something... but although I would ideally rather not I dont think its worth enough to me to make a stink.

It means she loves you 🤩❤️
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media