Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Need serious chizuk!!!

Kmommy18

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 10:42 am
I am potty training my almost 3 year old. He has had a potty chair for over 2 months now, he sits on it occasionally and sometimes he pees... I have started official potty training today and he needs to be potty trained by the time school starts - Sept. 8th. So far, we have had 3 accidents today (one of them being really gross poop). The thing is, he has this attitude that he thinks its really funny when he has an accident... he has no desire to go run to sit on the potty. Yes I am giving him treats every time he uses the potty - doesn't seem to help.

I am not the most patient person on the planet and I know this requires a lot of patience. I just need some chizuk cuz frankly I feel like ramming my head through a wall... lol.

greenfire

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 10:50 am
ah no patience ... get some quickly ... Banging head

buy him cute underwear ... no treats but applause (to me it's like saying here eat something else so you can make again) maybe stickers to acquire a bigger treat later ... make him help clean his own mess (won't be so funny anymore) ... and bring him constantly to the potty - when he wakes - before & after he eats - before you leave the house - when you get where you're going ... when you come back home ... before bedtime ...

you can do it - so can he !!!

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 11:40 pm
this worked for us: have the kid hand out treats to all the other kids as a reward. We do this with jelly beans. Each time he goes, he gets to hand out 3 jelly beans for each sibling. This encourages him to be the cool guy and they encourage him because they want more! Also, the only way I was ever able to toilet train was without underwear for a week.

zigi

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 12:00 am
going without bottoms really helped. dd would clean up what she made. we have been training since the beginning of august. we had alot of ups and downs. in the beginng I was cleaning a lot of accidents, but finally dd learned that she has to go. mama bear ideas of a treat if she stayed dry no accidents and made in the potty b/c she went the other kids also got a treat. I told her that she is going to get a potty gift. a train set if she went to the bathroom, her brother was also training her b/c he wants to play with the train.

but it really took time I thought that she would never get trained one day she is really good dry for 3 days in a row and then today an accident. with ds he had accidents once in a while. I guess I will give a lot of extra underwear to the teacher and tell them to take her to the potty, school starts on the 3rd ahh,

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel its there she will be trained! good luck and treat yourself when he is trained!

chanagital

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 6:26 am
We had a no more dipper party for my dd she recieved her first pair of real undies (which she picked out) and we baried her last unused dipper in the back yard complete with a head stone she loved it so much we never had to worry about peeing in the toilet again. She even said after the party she never wanted to unbarry her diaper cause that was for babys. We told her if she went into the potty we wouldn't unbarry it. My older son was a little harder... we are still having bm issues with him but he loves trin to shot down the cherrios in the potty with his pee pee we have also used other targets with him.

BlumaG

Post Tue, Sep 23 2008, 11:56 am
so did he meet hte deadline?
what worked for me was setting hte timer for every 5 minutes and try e/ 5 min.until the child goes, once the child actually goes I would set it for 30 min. and try e/ 30 minutes til they go, then u can see how often they really go and then make them try e/ hr, I did this for about 24-48 hrs and kept up the reminders constantly... if they had an accident - I heard til 3 a day is normal at first, then I wud try REALLY hard to stay calm n not make a big deal so they wudnt get all freaked out
hatzlacha to e/one out htere toilet training - I have a few months of sanity left til I try toilet train DS
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training