Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Feedings coincide with buses

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:08 pm
I live a few flights up. I have two kids to send out and take off the buses kindergarten age and under. I've missed the buses both ways. Baby takes a while to eat. Nervous to trip over the steps with a baby with phone and a full bottle and having 2 active toddlers behind me. Stair lift on steps. Still a bit weak from birth. Baby almost a month old. She eats 8:30 when the buses are honking away at that point. Again at 3pm when they come home. Any suggestions and tips? If I don't feed her right away she starts to scream after a minute or 2.
Help!

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:10 pm
Wear baby in carrier

Feed baby downstairs while you wait for bus

It’s ok if baby only drinks a few ounces and takes a break to go back upstairs

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:12 pm
Why don't you shift feedings so they start 20 minutes earlier?

amother
Maple

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:15 pm
I put mine a different schedule. Started the feedings earlier until that became the new schedule.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:17 pm
Classic frazzled newborn and young children stage. Time flies and soon it’ll be easier.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:20 pm
amother Maple wrote:
I put mine a different schedule. Started the feedings earlier until that became the new schedule.

How would you go about it? With my previous it was def easier because my oldest was in playgroup at the time so I could drop him off whenever. This is a very sleepy baby. Hard to wake even if I remove the pamper to change her.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:20 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:
Classic frazzled newborn and young children stage. Time flies and soon it’ll be easier.

Umein! That's the hope. Wink

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:21 pm
Wear a sweater with pockets for your phone, or a small crossbody bag or one of those phone holder bags. I'd seriously consider a baby carrier as well. That way you're only holding a bottle and your toddler's hands if needed. It makes a huge difference in feeling overwhelmed/juggling.

Set yourself up downstairs before the bus runs if you can (do you have a lobby, or even just an indoor staircase?) and start feeding your baby downstairs.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:23 pm
Pump anytime throughout th day and give the baby an ounce or 2 from a bottle at these timings just to keep him/her calm until you get upstairs and continue the feeding
(or small formula bottle)

notshanarishona

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:28 pm
Try to the baby at 815 and gradually try to move the times by a few minutes.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 11:55 pm
Just want to say this sounds really challenging !!! You are superwoman!!! If there Is no way for you to get some help for the next couple of weeks, from your husband or a neighbor , than yes try adjusting schedule or feeding downstairs. But give yourself a major pat on the back. You’re amazing !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics