Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Low budget exercise

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:16 am
I'm looking for ways to fit exercise into my daily/weekly routine. Because of where I live and my work schedule, joining a gym or exercise class is not feasible at this point.
What kind of high-intensity exercise can I do at home that will help me actually lose weight? I'm looking for ideas beyond power walking around the block.

Thanks!

salt

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:20 am
Jump rope.

Tiredmom7

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:35 am
You tube has amazing free exercise videos

lovelylife

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:38 am
I love nourish move love on youtube.
20-30 min workouts. Easy to incorporate daily.
Focus on strength goals, not aesthetics.

salt

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 6:45 am
If you can lay down the initial sum - buying an exercise bike could be good (can buy second hand).
You can exercise at home whenever you want, and listen or watch podcasts or shiurim at the same time.

essie14

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 7:51 am
Youtube is full of workout videos.
Zumba, power walking at home, etc.

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 7:55 am
I use mom into fitness app. She has a free trial for a week and then it's 12.99 a month.

I like it better than choosing my own videos because you can choose a weekly schedule that is based on Research on how to best squeezing the amount of exercise in the time you have - whether it's four or five or three times a week. She also has options for quicker workouts & first timers.

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 8:23 am
Weights! They’re really cheap and go soo much further in terms of helping your body long term, than cardio.

BmoreBubby

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 11:50 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm looking for ways to fit exercise into my daily/weekly routine. Because of where I live and my work schedule, joining a gym or exercise class is not feasible at this point.
What kind of high-intensity exercise can I do at home that will help me actually lose weight? I'm looking for ideas beyond power walking around the block.

Thanks!

Check out the Exercise page on TorahHealth.org.

amother
Red

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 11:57 am
Walking outside is free

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 12:02 pm
I just want to put it out there that walking is seriously one of the most efficient forms of exercise!

kermit

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 2:10 pm
I got a really cheap exercise bike on Amazon that I do almost every day, 20 min, before dinner while my kiddo keeps me company nearby. it's not the most comfy, but if I'm consistent for a whole year I'll get myself a better one.

I also do a pilates vid on YouTube a couple times a week -- those things are HARD man, you really feel it.

Steadily losing about .3-.5lbs a week, for past few months, not changing my diet really, just not eating ridiculous and the bike and pilates. and feel more in shape.

Walking everywhere is great too, but you don't see results as quick

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 3:04 pm
YouTube workouts

Search specific exercises

Just a workout mat, gym clothes and a set of weights, resistance bands and kettle ball

ces

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 3:10 pm
kermit wrote:
I got a really cheap exercise bike on Amazon that I do almost every day, 20 min, before dinner while my kiddo keeps me company nearby. it's not the most comfy, but if I'm consistent for a whole year I'll get myself a better one.

I also do a pilates vid on YouTube a couple times a week -- those things are HARD man, you really feel it.

Steadily losing about .3-.5lbs a week, for past few months, not changing my diet really, just not eating ridiculous and the bike and pilates. and feel more in shape.

Walking everywhere is great too, but you don't see results as quick

Which YouTube Pilates video do you do and recommend?

PrairieFairy

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 3:41 pm
First, when you think of exercise, what has stopped you in the past and what has worked? The best thing for you will be the one that you will actually stick with. Good on you for being honest that gyms and stuff are not the thing that will work for you.

Second, seems like FitnessBlender might be good for you. I used it for many years. They can be found on YouTube but also have their own website.

You can choose male or female instructor as well as many other things.

The filters are great. You can filter based on time you have, equipment you do or don't have, body part to work out, intensity, exercise style etc.

They also have paid options but I've never used those.

You can do a HIIT 6 min workout or a full fledged hr! Good at home.

kermit

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 3:46 pm
ces wrote:
Which YouTube Pilates video do you do and recommend?

Move with nichole

chocolate moose

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 8:11 pm
my health insurance will pay towards my gym membership

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 8:47 pm
When I am not in the mood of working out I turn on a pound workout. It’s really a lot of fun and you can work up a sweat! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=.....3D%3D

Optione

Post Sun, May 12 2024, 10:13 pm
Peleton app has a lot of free videos. It keeps track of what I do, shows me the body parts it's engaging, etc. Best one I've found so far!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise