Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
How do you organize your arts & crafts supplies?

momallhours

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 10:58 pm
Not in a rolling organizer cart that would be too easily accessible for my little boys.
Preferably in a container storage system that I can then put in a high cabinet once finished.

TYIA!

amother
Narcissus

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:05 pm
I'm following for better answers but for now I have the stuff they have free access to (Markers, crayons, paper, scissors, glue sticks, stickers, etc) in plastic drawers so they can get them themselves and I can hide away for shabbat. Paint supplies are in a plastic sterilite tub on a high shelf in the playroom. Other craft stuff I pull out for certain projects (wet glue, hot glue, rhinestones, yarn, other "messy" or just specialty stuff) I have hidden in plastic baskets in a cabinet that they don't have access to.

amother
Olive

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:07 pm
I bought drawers that fit in a high cabinet and I pull out whichever drawer I need, then put back up when finished.

amother
Forsythia

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:09 pm
I like to invest in *clear shoe box size boxes, also scrap book paper size (larger, flat square size) for papers or other things

If small quantities to go into one box, clear Ziplok type bags are helpful ie one box might have fabric markers, thin markers, & colored pencils etc, gallon size help to keep separate but everything stays easy to see

If you want you can label each box with a post it note - write on back & stick on the inside of box, so stacked boxes are easy to differentiate

momallhours

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:11 pm
amother Olive wrote:
I bought drawers that fit in a high cabinet and I pull out whichever drawer I need, then put back up when finished.

Thanks! I like that idea

momallhours

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:12 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
I like to invest in *clear shoe box size boxes, also scrap book paper size (larger, flat square size) for papers or other things

If small quantities to go into one box, clear Ziplok type bags are helpful ie one box might have fabric markers, thin markers, & colored pencils etc, gallon size help to keep separate but everything stays easy to see

If you want you can label each box with a post it note - write on back & stick on the inside of box, so stacked boxes are easy to differentiate

Thanks! Can you link the one you are referencing?

amother
Forsythia

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:53 pm
momallhours wrote:
Thanks! Can you link the one you are referencing?

Sorry, I don't have links as I've picked these kinds of things up over many years from places like costco & Amazing Savings.

But if you Google clear shoe boxes, & scrap book, or scrap book paper clear boxes, I personally like amazon & Walmart.com for online shopping but wherever you look it should be easy to find with a Google shopping search

dankbar

Post Sat, May 18 2024, 11:58 pm
I use small plastic drawers, like one has crayons one has markers one has colored pencils....

Then flat bigger than those drawers, one for stencilers, one for stickers, one for paint, paintbrushes, one for stamps, one for glue and scissors.

Then larger drawers one for coloring books, one for fun books, one for craft kits.

All are in a closet in divided shelves in my living room which also doubles as my playroom.

In tiny drawers I have little things divided like pompoms, feathers, buttons, foam shapes.

dankbar

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:00 am
When only using crayons I remove that drawer and bring to table or floor and then return to place

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 12:31 am
I used to struggle with this. I actually came on here getting advice. What I started find was leaving out glue, scissors, markers and crayons but I kept a stash of paper in my room. And I kept everything else in clear bins locked up. The older my kid got the more I allowed access.

Scissors and glue I keep in the linen closet in the hallway for everyone to access

Markers and crayons are in a box in the bedroom

I use three plastic drawers, one has papers,vone has pens and pencils and crayons

One has crafts she is in middle of

Then I have a huge bucket with crafts supplies in my room on a shelf

Some crafts, like rubber band bracelet kit is on a shelf in her room

My daughter is 8 now. It changes with her age and maturity

amother
Quince

Post Sun, May 19 2024, 1:46 am
I like sterilite 6 qt bins.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics