Yes  
 82%  [ 33 ]
No  
 17%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 40

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 12:04 pm
Had my second 3 months ago. Feel like my body is forever changed. I have some clothes I haven’t fit into normally since before my first. Meaning, I could get them on, but they don’t look good because my body has changed-most noticeably in my hips. I used to barely have a figure at all. I am not taking about weight loss, I am talking about body looking different. I have some relatives who can use the clothes. They are very expensive, my parents got them for me when I was a “kallah meidel” but I wouldn’t have money to buy such expensive clothes now. Should I save them in case one day I do fit back into them, or should I accept that my body is now changed and give them away?

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 12:07 pm
amother OP wrote:
Had my second 3 months ago. Feel like my body is forever changed. I have some clothes I haven’t fit into normally since before my first. Meaning, I could get them on, but they don’t look good because my body has changed-most noticeably in my hips. I used to barely have a figure at all. I am not taking about weight loss, I am talking about body looking different. I have some relatives who can use the clothes. They are very expensive, my parents got them for me when I was a “kallah meidel” but I wouldn’t have money to buy such expensive clothes now. Should I save them in case one day I do fit back into them, or should I accept that my body is now changed and give them away?

I feel like even if you get your figure back eventually it would go out of style, and that's such a chaval.

amother
Darkblue

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 12:31 pm
Which option feels more serene to you?

Elfrida

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 12:37 pm
Save one or two of your favourites for sentimental reasons, and give the rest away.

The chances of the fitting you, a d bring in style, and having an opportunity to wear that kind of clothing while looking after little children are minimal. Let someone else enjoy them instead of them mouldering in your closet.

zaq

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 1:20 pm
Give them away.
1. Your body is has as much chance of going back to its former shape as the Sahara has of going back to being a forest.

2. Even if by some legerdemain your body did go back, the clothes would no longer be in style, or the styles and colors would no longer suit your age and stage in life.

3. Keeping clothes around that don't fit you negatively influences your mood and self-esteem. In plain English, seeing those clothes makes you feel guilty, hopeless, and out of shape. They hang about your head like the Ghost of Figure Past, bringing nothing but recriminations and self-loathing.

Give them away to someone in need and accomplish two feats at once: do a good deed and declutter your closet.

jj1236

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 1:38 pm
I would say lend them. Be honest and say you are happy for them to get use now but next year you’ll probably want them back.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 1:44 pm
Give them away

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 1:46 pm
You'll get back to your weight. your young you have to give it some time. Don't give it away you'll fit in a few months 💪

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 2:16 pm
There is a stage called second puberty, usually in your twenties when your curves (usually hips) appear. Often coincides with giving birth. You will probably never go back to string bean.

amother
Natural

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 2:29 pm
If you cannot replace the clothes 8I would not give them away yet , you are only 3 months post partum and still nursing . Give it at least another half a year and see if you can use any of them, may be with some alterations or in different ways. You can probably convert some to maternity for next pregnancy too.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 2:57 pm
keep them if classic if the stuff ur talking abt is trendy then maybe give it away. I lost a ton of weight after being married 13 years and was so nice to be able to put on my old stuff again tht were classy and pretty. I still wear my vort dress. it a classic piece probbaly won’t ever be out of style. don’t give it away

amother
Sienna  

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 3:37 pm
Your hips usually spread during pregnancy and it’s hard to get them back to pre preg size. So anything that’s tight in the hip area I would get rid of. If it’s tight in the thigh or stomach you can lose weight to fit back in but hips don’t usually work that way.

amother
  Sienna

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 3:39 pm
If you’re worried about money you may find someone willing to buy your gently used clothes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics