Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I am obese and fed up any tips?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:02 am
I am obese and totally fed up. I am desperate to lose weight. I hate getting out of the house for this reason. I have no energy. I am in high thirties weighing 270 lbs . If you lost lot of weight please advise how you did it diet, surgery , injections and if you would recommend it. I am desperate for help!!!

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:04 am
Speak with your doctor

They’ll help it’s really your body and how it’ll respond to any of these options. They’ll direct you

Hatzlocha!!

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 6:05 am
The ONLY thing that worked for me was really limiting my food intake to the point that I went to sleep hungry. I limited my calories to 1,200. I only can lose weight if I am eating limited calories. I would eat a big breakfast and lunch. For dinner, I ate a very small portion and nothing after dinner.

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:40 am
Every moment keep asking what would a thin fit healthy person do? If you begin to live it, the body will eventually catch up.

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:55 am
I weighed pretty much in your range. Bh 3 1/2 years ago, after trying countless diets, I decided I will try one more diet and if it doesn't work I'll opt for surgery.
I discovered The Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. It's been a life-changing for me . I lost almost 100 lbs. And have been keeping it off within a ten pound range. I look and feel like a different person.

I would be glad to help you, because I'm so grateful what this diet did for me....

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:57 am
My DH lost 80lbs with the surgery 4 years ago and has kept it all off bh. He’s thrilled. He has more energy and feels better about himself.

amother
Peachpuff

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:09 am
amother Hunter wrote:
I weighed pretty much in your range. Bh 3 1/2 years ago, after trying countless diets, I decided I will try one more diet and if it doesn't work I'll opt for surgery.
I discovered The Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. It's been a life-changing for me . I lost almost 100 lbs. And have been keeping it off within a ten pound range. I look and feel like a different person.

I would be glad to help you, because I'm so grateful what this diet did for me....

Not OP but I would love some help.
I tried reading her book but got so lost.
I need to loose 100 lbs.

amother
Hunter

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:18 am
You need to focus on the three phases in the book, how often you need to eat and the don'ts. After you're pretty clear on that I'll be glad to answer any of your questions.

Vegan Yenta

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 9:26 am
amother OP wrote:
I am obese and totally fed up. I am desperate to lose weight. I hate getting out of the house for this reason. I have no energy. I am in high thirties weighing 270 lbs . If you lost lot of weight please advise how you did it diet, surgery , injections and if you would recommend it. I am desperate for help!!!

Ok. Here is how I lost 60 pounds. Forks Over Knives. Get their books. All Kosher. Eliminate all oil. All oil. Eat potatoes, corn, yams, squash, tofu beans salads. Eat enormous satisfying amounts of baked or roasted potatoes. I've been LIVING this way for years. I eat more than anyone around me and I am slender. No meat, no dairy, no eggs.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 10:30 am
I am obese and tried everything for years, nothing worked.

Finally found something that works:

intermittent fasting with low carb (high fat, high protein)
The high fat high protein keeps me full, I am not hungry.

I dont eat breakfast, I eat lunch at 12.

Oh, and eliminating most carbs cleared up my brain fog!!

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 10:37 am
amother Violet wrote:
I am obese and tried everything for years, nothing worked.

Finally found something that works:

intermittent fasting with low carb (high fat, high protein)
The high fat high protein keeps me full, I am not hungry.

I dont eat breakfast, I eat lunch at 12.

Oh, and eliminating most carbs cleared up my brain fog!!

Same diet! Except no carbs here. I lost 30 lbs and have kept it off.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 10:48 am
amother Tomato wrote:
Same diet! Except no carbs here. I lost 30 lbs and have kept it off.

I'm pretty much doing no carb, but if there is a lettuce salad with corn I would have it or a dressing if eating out and I can't make a homemade sugar free dressing, or hummus with minimal carbs etc.

How long have you kept it off for?
Are you still losing more?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 3:54 pm
start with your dr. get a nutritionist if your health insurance pays for it or if you can afford it, and get an exercise program that you will actually do like walking or even gardening.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:02 pm
Do the sleeve. Best thing ever.

zaq

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:24 pm
My friend lost over 100 lbs (she didn't know exactly how much because she didn't even start weighing herself till her clothes started to feel a bit looser) in a little over 3 years --and kept them off--by making small, gradual changes and "making better choices."

She started thinking about what she was eating and deciding at each point whether the food was worth its caloric load. She decided that Oreo cookies weren't pleasurable enough to be worth the calories, but the occasional--very occasional--thin slice of cheesecake was. She paid attention to portion sizes: a thin slice of cheesecake, not a restaurant-size slice which is about a sixth of a cake. She paid attention to frequency: treats now and then for special occasions, not every day or every week. She ate less but made it her business to enjoy it more.

She started to make substitutions: toast and jam to kill a craving instead of a Danish. Plain yogurt on her baked potato instead of sour cream. She still ate fast food, but ordered the small instead of the super-colossal size. She didn't follow any specific "diet" but just kept tweaking what she ate and making better choices.

She started exercising--very gradually. She started walking every day--at first just ten minutes, then gradually longer and longer. She moseyed rather than strode, but that was more than she had been doing. Eventually she started walking a bit faster than a mosey, but I never saw her come close to power-walking, let alone running,. and she never mentioned doing any other exercise than walking.

Her weight loss was so slow that it took time for people to notice. By the time she reduced, people had forgotten what she looked like before. That didn't matter to her; she was reducing for herself, not for anyone else.

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 5:25 pm
My problem is that I’m an emotional eater and I have an extremely high stress life. So I go to sleep every night feeling bloated and horrible and promise myself that tomorrow I will stick to healthy food. Come midday and I’m hit with stress and I run to the cookies.. any cookie… doesn’t matter. I need a carb to calm me down and then I feel horrible so I start binging and at night I say tomorrow… it’s a vicious vicious cycle and it’s affecting my health. How does anyone overcome emotional eating?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:15 pm
I follow the NSNG diet. Lost 60lbs so far. And I am keeping it off because I am not hungry and stay with my new eating plan.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 8:40 pm
Thank you for all replies. Will look into it.

zaq

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:14 am
To the lady who hugged my post, why? I was not describing myself and pretending it was "a friend." This was someone I started working with midway into her journey. She asked me if I knew where she could donate her clothes that no longer fit, which segued into a conversation about why she had all these clothes to give away and what she was doing to slim down. We worked together for a good number of years after she had reached her goal weight. In all that time she kept the weight off, and I never saw her eat rabbit food, read a weight-loss book, join a class, starve herself or do anything faddish or obsessive.

Aurora

Post Thu, May 23 2024, 7:26 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
My problem is that I’m an emotional eater and I have an extremely high stress life. So I go to sleep every night feeling bloated and horrible and promise myself that tomorrow I will stick to healthy food. Come midday and I’m hit with stress and I run to the cookies.. any cookie… doesn’t matter. I need a carb to calm me down and then I feel horrible so I start binging and at night I say tomorrow… it’s a vicious vicious cycle and it’s affecting my health. How does anyone overcome emotional eating?

Ok. So can you pack yourself one or two cookies in a little baggie for your snack?

The part that stands out to me is "...then I feel horrible so..."

Can we work on the horrible feelings? Like, you had a cookie, so? Why not make it the best and yummiest two cookies you can possibly have?

I find that when I give myself permission to eat the really good junk food, I don't want the less good stuff anymore.
For example: I am totally an ice cream snob. I will eat my way through haagen daz by the carton. But I don't really like other brands as much, so even if they're there, I'll probably just taste them.
And I only buy myself a carton of haagen daz for a special occasion.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise