Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Help me with salads



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

monday




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:05 pm
I never eat salads. I'm a carbs girl. I'm also picky with vegetables. But would like to try..

I've never looked at a salad so even the standards are foreign to me.

I recently bought a bag of Bodek lettuce salad mix, added a Ceasars dressing, chickpeas and loved it.

Can you help a girl with basic simple recipes?

I don't eat:
Cucumber, tomatoes, pickles, peppers, avocado, onion
Back to top

pnimi




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:09 pm
You can do a sweet salad with fruits- mango, apples, pears, pomegranate and lettuce or spinach.
Back to top

socialbutterfly




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:10 pm
I add roasted sweet potato to a lot of my salads. And feta cheese. Is that within your likes?
Back to top

pnimi




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:11 pm
Olives, beets, baby-corn, hearts of palm.
Sweet potato.
Mushrooms.
Back to top

monday




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:15 pm
pnimi wrote:
You can do a sweet salad with fruits- mango, apples, pears, pomegranate and lettuce or spinach.


That's so interesting I thought salads was a vegetable thing!
Back to top

monday




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:15 pm
socialbutterfly wrote:
I add roasted sweet potato to a lot of my salads. And feta cheese. Is that within your likes?


Yes I think that would be in my comfort zone. Can you share how I would put that together? What type of dressing
Back to top

monday




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:16 pm
pnimi wrote:
Olives, beets, baby-corn, hearts of palm.
Sweet potato.
Mushrooms.


That's a lot of options I've never thought of. Can you share a mushroom and sweet potato salad?
Back to top

socialbutterfly




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:18 pm
monday wrote:
Yes I think that would be in my comfort zone. Can you share how I would put that together? What type of dressing


I would do a lettuce base, add roasted sweet potato, could also add chickpeas, quinoa if you like, and some feta.

Personally, I like simple dressings with good olive oil, lemon jucie and salt. But you could really put whatever you like.... balsamic vinagrette, creamy ceaser, pesto dressing, italian etc...
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:19 pm
Lettuce, julienned carrot strips, cut baby corn, chow mein noodles.
Dressing of equal parts vinegar, sugar, oil, large splash of soy sauce, and fresh crushed garlic.
Add sliced grilled chicken if you want.
Back to top

monday




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:20 pm
socialbutterfly wrote:
I would do a lettuce base, add roasted sweet potato, could also add chickpeas, quinoa if you like, and some feta.

Personally, I like simple dressings with good olive oil, lemon jucie and salt. But you could really put whatever you like.... balsamic vinagrette, creamy ceaser, pesto dressing, italian etc...


Quinoa sounds exciting.

I've never roasted sweet potatoes. How long does it get roasted for? With oil and spices?
Back to top

monday




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:21 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Lettuce, julienned carrot strips, cut baby corn, chow mein noodles.
Dressing of equal parts vinegar, sugar, oil, large splash of soy sauce, and fresh crushed garlic.
Add sliced grilled chicken if you want.


I'd love to try this. I like baby corn and obviously noodles is a bonus. This is definitely something I'm going to try. Thank you
Back to top

socialbutterfly




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:23 pm
monday wrote:
Quinoa sounds exciting.

I've never roasted sweet potatoes. How long does it get roasted for? With oil and spices?


I cute them into small cubes, put some olive oil and salt and roast at 400-425. Probably check after 15 minutes and you might wanna flip them to other side. You wanna keep them in till lightly browned.

If you like more flavor you can add more spices. I just like salt.
Back to top

monday




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, May 22 2024, 7:38 pm
socialbutterfly wrote:
I cute them into small cubes, put some olive oil and salt and roast at 400-425. Probably check after 15 minutes and you might wanna flip them to other side. You wanna keep them in till lightly browned.

If you like more flavor you can add more spices. I just like salt.


Thank you I will try this tomorrow Smile
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Pesach salads that keep in the fridge
by amother
5 Tue, Apr 16 2024, 4:56 am View last post
What nice salads do you make?
by amother
9 Fri, Apr 12 2024, 8:43 am View last post
Salads and soups delivered to me
by amother
2 Sun, Dec 31 2023, 7:39 am View last post
Nuts adding to salads. 7 Mon, Dec 25 2023, 4:13 pm View last post
ISO recipes for these salads:
by amother
14 Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:35 pm View last post