Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Induction or gas cooktop?
Previous  1  2

rivkie123

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:19 am
dats me wrote:
Can I ask what company cooktop you have?
I’m also in Israel and looking for recommendations.

electrolux

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:36 pm
One thing to keep in mind - induction glass cooktops are fragile. I know of two people whose induction cooktop cracked from normal use, but they accidentally banged something on it or put something too heavy on it.

stepmama  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:56 pm
Absolutely hate hate hate my dairy induction stove, it's a wolf very expensive, I hate it. Please get gas.

stepmama

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 12:57 pm
Maybe I need to invest in better pots I don't know..I also was hoping the water boils fast but nope it doesn't.

amother
Currant

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:07 pm
stepmama wrote:
Absolutely hate hate hate my dairy induction stove, it's a wolf very expensive, I hate it. Please get gas.

What company do you have? What do you hate about it?

amother
  cornflower  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:14 pm
I have Bosch which I like very much.

When I researched there were some features that were important to me.

For example, I wanted the ability ti go to the temperature I wanted without having to cycle up or down.

I also wanted to have one super powerful hob as well as javjg tue ability to link two hobs for large pots or pans.

Bosch was very highly rated in terms of reliability

Because of the way induction works, you need conductive cookware which means no aluminum. When you purchase new cookware, you can use a magnet to test for test your current pots.

There is a myth about the superiority of gas cooking. Gas works well for some things but induction is better at other things and a good cook can produce top results from either kind as long as they are familiar with how they work.

Induction isn’t more fragile than any other electric stove and the ease of cleaning is astounding. Nit to mention how safe it is since the surface doesn’t get hot. It is the reaction with the pan as well as the heat of the liquid if you are braising or boiling or even sautéing that cooks the food.

nicole81

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:37 pm
I'm all for gas. I want to switch out my stovetop but that means making a gas connection too and $$$

amother
Cognac  

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:47 pm
amother Daffodil wrote:
I have both. I have induction for dairy and gas for meat. If I could only have one in my house I would definitely go with gas. Food cooks better, and you have more flexibility with the gas. I like the induction basically for pasta because it boils the water very quickly.
Head to head, even scrambled eggs come out better with gas.
Also you can’t kasher induction acccording to my rav so can’t use it for Pesach. That alone would be a deal breaker for me.

You can put a silicone mat ontop. It works very well.

amother
  Cognac

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:51 pm
amother cornflower wrote:
I have Bosch which I like very much.

When I researched there were some features that were important to me.

For example, I wanted the ability ti go to the temperature I wanted without having to cycle up or down.

I also wanted to have one super powerful hob as well as javjg tue ability to link two hobs for large pots or pans.

Bosch was very highly rated in terms of reliability

Because of the way induction works, you need conductive cookware which means no aluminum. When you purchase new cookware, you can use a magnet to test for test your current pots.

There is a myth about the superiority of gas cooking. Gas works well for some things but induction is better at other things and a good cook can produce top results from either kind as long as they are familiar with how they work.

Induction isn’t more fragile than any other electric stove and the ease of cleaning is astounding. Nit to mention how safe it is since the surface doesn’t get hot. It is the reaction with the pan as well as the heat of the liquid if you are braising or boiling or even sautéing that cooks the food.

This might be the case but it is fragile. Mine is cracked and I know someone else who has had it fixed twice. You don't have that problem with gas or electric.

amother
  cornflower

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:53 pm
amother Cognac wrote:
This might be the case but it is fragile. Mine is cracked and I know someone else who has had it fixed twice. You don't have that problem with gas or electric.

Electric stoves are glass top which are exactly like an induction cooktop.

No one buys the old electric coil stoves which are terrible.

I don’t know anyone who still has an electric coil stove.

You need to compare an induction with a normal electric stove which is glass top and no more or less fragile.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics