Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Very dirty floor need suggestions

Mitzvahmom

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 12:13 pm
I keep cleaning the floor in my kitchen but the little crevices are almost impossible to get the dirt out of..

Any suggestions?

sky

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 12:45 pm
My ceramic floor also has crevices and is impossible to clean thoroughly (sp?).

Every so often I go after it with a sponge and ajax and a good scrubbing.

But it akes too long and gets dirty again right away so I don't normally do it and just pretend like the floor is clean after I mop.

Akeres Habayis

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 12:49 pm
oxygen bleach,safe for tile gout in floors safe for children,and pets
went online to look it up,googled "how to clean gout in tile floor"

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 1:06 pm
I have a different issue. The tile part of the floor stays dirty, no matter if I mop or go down on my hands and knees. The floor is stll dirty. I am so upset because if you walk with bare feet or white socks, they get dirty, right after I cleaned.

mumoo

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 1:17 pm
This happens at my mothers house on her dark slate floor. We could never understand how my children's feet and knees would get so dirty when she would wash her floors twice a day.

I think the varnish, or whatever coating has worn off and its the actual stone wearing away. It's not dirt, but slate dust.

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 1:23 pm
I just moved in about seven months ago and I put in the tile, so it's not stone, it's just not clean.

mumoo

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 1:44 pm
maybe a different cleaner? wait until it completely dry before walking on it? change mop water more often? use spray cleaner and clean rags instead of mop and bucket? sorry, I don't know why your floor would be so dirty if its washed all the time.

chavamom

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 3:12 pm
Quote:
Ceramic Tile and Slate

Clean tile and slate with warm water only. Prevention becomes essential with these floor surfaces. Regularly apply a sealant found in tile stores to slate, tile and especially the grout. Clean spills immediately.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 3:18 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
I keep cleaning the floor in my kitchen but the little crevices are almost impossible to get the dirt out of..

Any suggestions?

I've used a bleaching pen to whiten my grout in my old bathroom. It was hard work but totally worth the effort. WEAR JUNKY CLOTHES to prevent ruining your clothing from bleach stains.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry