Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Ouch!!my 2year old fell down the stairs???

mammala120

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 6:50 pm
I feel soooo terrible. I live in a building and took my kids out into hallway to play. 20min later my todddler, half asleep (drowsy because she wants to sleep but could't fall asleep without her pacifier the whole day...I am trying to wean her). whe missed a step as she was coming down and went tumbling down, with her her face hitting the lower step and rolled over (more like flew over with her legs in air) down once again landing on to the ground. I was frozzen and shocked.

I am scared she should't have any internal injuries CH'V'SH

she did cry and I saw bruise in side of her face.

did anyones child experience this and was ok.

I need some emotional talk back and rassurance that she will be ok

Last edited by mammala120 on Thu, Aug 28 2008, 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 7:27 pm
Did you bring her to the doctor or at least call them up? Hope she feels better very soon!

mammala120

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 7:37 pm
it happened1 hr ago then she fell asleep

yo'ma

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 7:39 pm
I don't want to scare you, but falling asleep after banging the head is usually not very good. She probably fell asleep because she was very tired, but I would call the doctor and tell him what happened and what you should do.

mammala120

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 7:51 pm
I am pritty sure she did not bang her head. she fell forward and side of her face looks bruised.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 7:54 pm
Sorry, maybe I am paranoid, but I would get my kid checked out.

mammala120

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 7:58 pm
I really don't want to go through the x-ray. what wouould the doc do other then look and feel which I can do myself.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:02 pm
Well, I am not a doctor, or a nurse, or any kind of medical professional for that matter...so I rely on their opinion and advice. Kids do have all kinds of falls and usually they are just fine.
My best friend is a doctor, so I usually just call her up when I have a question and she tells me if I need to go in and see someone or not.
I would just call the doctor and see what they say.
My husband is even more paranoid than me, he would probably shelp the kid to one of those urget care places.

shoy18

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:10 pm
I second what shosh said, when a child or anyone for that matter bumps or falls down a flight of stairt, or the like, your suppose to keep the child up at least an hour before letting her sleep. I'm sure its nothing and shes fine but thats the general rule.

mammala120

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:24 pm
why

shoy18

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:27 pm
because they can have a concussion C'V

Pineapple

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:27 pm
I think the reason of keeping them up for an hour is to keep an eye on them and make sure they act normally. I was told that if they fall asleep within the hour to wake them up after and hour and see how they react

GAMZu

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:33 pm
Definitely watch her sleep- check every 3 minutes. Then take her to the doctor as soon as they open. They check pupil dilation and other stuff. They won't do x-rays unless he feels something off when he feels/moves around her head and other parts.

chaylizi

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:38 pm
make sure she is easily rousable from sleep. my cousin had a concussion when he was hit by a car & they woke him up roughly every 5 minutes all night in the hospital. also look at the pupils and make sure they are equally sized. oh and call your doctor right away. it is not wise to have to bring a kid into the ER with an injury that you decided not to report, but then changed your mind.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 10:08 pm
My baby fell off my bed last Friday afternoon. She cried right away. We called the pediatrician, who asked if there was a bump on her head. Once we said no, he told us to keep her awake for a while and then just monitor her carefully. We had to make sure she wasn't overly kvetchy or lethargic, that she was eating normally, and that she wasn't throwing up. If any of her behavior had been abnormal, she would have needed a CAT scan. B"H she was ok. She had a checkup scheduled for Monday anyway, and the doctor checked her out very carefully (especially her head).

Your child is probably fine, but you should definitely call the pediatrician to let him know what happened.

mammala120

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 10:16 pm
thanks everyone. I realy appreciate your support.

I woke up my dd and now keeping my eyes on her. she slept for 1 and half hours.
I did check on her often while she was sleeping.
she does have a bruise on oneside of her face with slight swelling. now she is playng and talking to her self as usual B"H.
I am sooo thankful to hashem for watching my children during such danger.

NativeMom

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 8:55 pm
My son fell down the stairs while I was visiting friends. We were walking up the basement steps together and he lost his balance and fell. I felt so awful!! I felt even worse because I didn't feel I reacted fast enough. I was so shocked! I ran down after him. He had cuts and bruises on his face but was conscious. I made sure he was ok and just held him...I also called my father, who is a pediatrician...B'H nothing serious happened. I felt like a horrible mother!! I couldn't sleep that night because I just kept thinking about him falling Sad

yummydd

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 8:59 pm
My dd fell down a whole staircase too, I kept her awake for a while as I was really nervous.
My husband was home thankfully because when she fell I was jelly and couldnt go down the stairs If I would have gone down I probably would have fallen too. Bh my dd got away without even a scratch pr a bruise.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics