Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Yeast-free challah and bread recipe needed!

prettyme

Post Tue, Sep 16 2008, 9:40 pm
Does anyone have a good recipe for bread or challah without yeast? This is for a child that's allergic to yeast.

Ima'la

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 2:00 am
There are many recipes for baking powder breads, but those are usually more like cake. Some are quite healthy - you could make muffins or give a slice for lunch instead of a sandwich.

Can you make a sourdough bread? I don't have recipes for that myself, but you could google it.

HooRYou

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 2:02 am
I've made real yeastless sourdough if you are interested. Be forwarned if you go this route, it is a long process since you have to grow the atarter for a few days.

Raisin

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 2:27 am
you can make soda bread. google for recipes.

prettyme

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 7:55 am
Hooryou - I would appreciate if you can post the recipe and instructions on how to do it. Just wondering does Sourdough taste sour? or just the term used?

prettyme

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 8:39 am
hooryou - please disregard above message. I googled for soda bread recipes and found some that I will try first. Thank you.

Smiles

Post Wed, Sep 17 2008, 11:17 am
prettyme wrote:
hooryou - please disregard above message. I googled for soda bread recipes and found some that I will try first. Thank you.

Can you post here how they came out? Cause I would also be interested in such recipe. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads