Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Walking to Work

zipporah

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 2:29 pm
Has anyone walked to work for exercise? I can walk anywhere from 30-45 minutes depending on the route I choose. Right now, when I walk I go pretty slowly. I thought if I upped the pace, I might lose some weight. But I'm concerned about being all sweaty.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 2:39 pm
How about walking to work at your normal pace, but walking home quickly. That way if you do get sweaty you can shower when you get home.

Raisin

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 2:42 pm
I walk home from work some days a week, but its only a 15 minute walk. I guess you could change clothes when you get there if you are worried about being sweaty, and use some deoderent. try it and see...some people are sweatier than others.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 6:05 pm
I walk to and from work all day. I walk from my bed to the computer to the fridge to the bathroom to the computer. Repeat. I log about .00005 miles per day.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 6:41 pm
If the weather is not to hot outside then you can walk fast to work just go a layer less. I used to walk/run to work for exercize(yup I was that crazy person on the street you saw twice a day)

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 8:02 pm
My DH walks my son to gan and then to work. (about 30 minutes of actual walking) He says that he sometimes feels a bit gross when he gets to work but I guess it depends on the weather and how fast he had to walk. I know he wouldn't be doing it if he got sweaty. He's a businessman (always dressed well) and would never go to work looking or smelling bad.
It's really a great way to sneak in a bit of exercise.

ihyphenated

Post Thu, Sep 25 2008, 8:33 pm
I walk to work about 20 mins. some days I walk to work and back home again- 40 mins!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 6:42 am
wow, the luck to work so close to your house! In my town, most Paris work in/around Paris and are already happy when one way takes 40 mins... by train!

BennysMommy

Post Fri, Sep 26 2008, 8:26 am
Ruchel wrote:
wow, the luck to work so close to your house! In my town, most Paris work in/around Paris and are already happy when one way takes 40 mins... by train!

We live right in the middle of the city!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise