Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Do you read in the bathroom?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Do you read when you're in the bathroom?
Yes  
 78%  [ 93 ]
No  
 21%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 118

1stimer

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:04 pm
Do you read when you're in the loo? If yes, what do you read? I'm having a bathroom dilemma right now, because if I get a good book than I become addicted to it and want to finish the book asap and nothing gets done, so I don't really know what to take with me to the bathroom....

Any ideas? Twisted Evil

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:11 pm
I have the same problem. I usually leave a book that I like and have already read in the bathroom. That way, I have something to interest me while I'm doing my business, but won't get hooked.

It also helps to read a magazine instead of a book, we usually keep TV Guide in the bathroom.

chen

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:39 pm
6 people, 1 bathroom: no, we do NOT!
1stimer, what's the diff. bet. reading a book in the loo and getting hooked vs. reading a book elsewhere and getting hooked? either way you're not getting anything done!

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:39 pm
baby magazines, catalogs, what to expect the 1st year (I look up all the ?'s I've had recently) ... I like PP's idea about a book that you already read.

happyone

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:51 pm
Don't laugh/bash me for this one....
But I take my laptop with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry guys!

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:53 pm
glad we keep you company, happyone!

elisecohen

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:57 pm
Catalogs! That's where I keep my gardenning catalogs and so on. Years ago when we were encouraging one of my children to learn to read, we would leave good books in her bathroom...a few days later she'd come tell us about the really great book she'd just found and read. Then we started finding her and her little sister having "potty parties" in the middle of the night--she would get up to go, sit on the pot and read out loud to her little sister who would be sitting on a step stool beside her. It was so cute, but they needed to go back to bed.

1stimer

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 2:57 pm
Quote:
1stimer, what's the diff. bet. reading a book in the loo and getting hooked vs. reading a book elsewhere and getting hooked?

I don't read books elsewhere, it's just when I'm in the loo that the temptation is too great.

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 3:04 pm
613 wrote:
glad we keep you company, happyone!

LOL LOL

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 3:16 pm
no - we onlyhave one bathroom for all of us, so I cannot encourge anyone to be in there too long. I take out ALL reading material wheni see it.

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 3:27 pm
Thank goodness for our two bathrooms I don't know what I would do with only one. embarrassed boy I must be real spoiled, since I moved into a two bathroom house but I love it. one for us and one for the kids and guest that come. This way we all have our own privacy

jewgal84

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 3:33 pm
"Chicken soup for the soul" books and clothing cataloges Very Happy .

timeout

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 3:40 pm
I love catalogs in the bathroom! Plus Readers Digest is light and I don't feel pulled to finish the whold thing Very Happy

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 3:46 pm
Not to be negative – but I didn’t like the Chicken Soup books, and I found Reader’s Digest to have yoshke material every now and then, so I don’t read either of them.

happymom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 3:51 pm
I read the readers digest and the Bathroom readers. We have a few of those books:) they have alot of intereting facts in them!

sarahd

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 4:14 pm
When my SIL broached the idea of toilet training to her almost-3 year old son, he responded, "Oh, then I have to learn to read too so I can take the newspaper with me like you and Daddy do...." LOL

uandme

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 4:18 pm
dictionary!

supermom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 4:20 pm
sarahd wrote:
When my SIL broached the idea of toilet training to her almost-3 year old son, he responded, "Oh, then I have to learn to read too so I can take the newspaper with me like you and Daddy do...." LOL

LOL

Bebe

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 4:30 pm
Readers Digest is good or any magazine.. that way u dont need to finish reading the woole thing at once and spend the whole afternoon in there!! Especially when we only have one bathroom too!

goldrose

Post Thu, Jan 05 2006, 4:36 pm
we don't have 'stuff' to read in our bathroom. sometimes I'll grab a shampoo bottle and read the ingredients hehe. but mostly not.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics