Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Inglesina Zippy vs. City Mini
1  2  Next

Leahh

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 7:59 pm
I currently have an Inglesina Zippy and am unhappy with it. I do alot of walking around the neighborhood and its not so easy to push. One of the sides bent out of shape and it doesnt feel so sturdy.
Anyway, I'm looking into other strollers and I am considering the City Mini. Can anyone help me compare the two or give me other ideas for something I may be happier with?

(I'm also looking to sell my Inglesina at a very low price. If anyone's interested please pm me. Its the 2007 model)

chaylizi

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 8:01 pm
I heard it's very nice. I'm considering getting the double. the single takes a car seat and a jump seat & weighs nearly nothing. go to a baby store and push it around a bit. a stroller is a very personal acqusition- what one person finds amazing, could be a complete pain for the next.

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 8:07 pm
I have the city mini and love it! I live in a city with very narrow stores, small elevators, small car/taxi trunks. It fits everywhere and is very easy to open and close. It's very light weight and moves very easily. I don't think the basket is anything to talk about but the pros definitely out way that con. I take the bus a lot and it's very easy for me to use. Any other specific questions, please feel free to ask.

queenyemk

Post Sun, Nov 02 2008, 8:26 pm
Negative about the City Mini.
You can not hang a bag over the handle bar as it tips.

I met a woman who reclined her 1.5 yr old sleeping DD down in the stroller and it fell back onto the floor.

Really no good equilibrium. Otherwise I would of bought it.

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Nov 04 2008, 8:00 pm
queenyemk wrote:
Negative about the City Mini.
You can not hang a bag over the handle bar as it tips.

I met a woman who reclined her 1.5 yr old sleeping DD down in the stroller and it fell back onto the floor.

Really no good equilibrium. Otherwise I would of bought it.

My diaper bag hangs over the handlebar and I have never had a problem. My son always sleeps in the stroller reclined. I don't understand how it could tip unless there was a lot of other weight hanging off the handlebars?

queenyemk

Post Sun, Nov 16 2008, 10:34 pm
there is actually a label at the top of the stoller saying not to hang the bag over the handles. I don't have the stroller and I highly doubt I ever will, I need BIG wheels!!

Marriedinisrael

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:30 am
I'm also debating betweent the two strollers- Zippy and City Mini- but as I live in Israel- I have different concerns.
Firstly:
Which one can tolerate Israel's streets better- hills, rough terrain...
Which one folds easier- I know both fold with one hand, which is important for buses- but is there a real difference?
Is there a company in Israel that can fix either one if they break?
The 3 wheel vrs. 4 wheel debate- which seems to function better?
Handling?

If anyone knows anything- I would greatly appreciate it!

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 10:48 am
Brainiac85 wrote:
I'm also debating betweent the two strollers- Zippy and City Mini- but as I live in Israel- I have different concerns.
Firstly:
Which one can tolerate Israel's streets better- hills, rough terrain...
Which one folds easier- I know both fold with one hand, which is important for buses- but is there a real difference?
Is there a company in Israel that can fix either one if they break?
The 3 wheel vrs. 4 wheel debate- which seems to function better?
Handling?

If anyone knows anything- I would greatly appreciate it!

I have never seen a stroller that folds as easily as the baby jogger series. I doubt anyone can make anything that folds easier. I live in a city that has terrible terrible sidewalks. I don't know if the Zippy is any better but the city mini is doing a great job.

NativeMom

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 11:26 am
I have the zippy and have been pretty happy with it. It does fold easily and the basket on the bottom is pretty big. I have no experience with the city mini so I can't compare them.

Tehilla

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 11:28 am
NativeMom wrote:
I have the zippy and have been pretty happy with it. It does fold easily and the basket on the bottom is pretty big. I have no experience with the city mini so I can't compare them.

ditto word for word!

poelmamosh

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 7:10 pm
I have both! But my citi mini is a double.
Here's the rundown, as I see it:
1) walking with ease, ie good shocks and easy maneuvering (even with 1 hand): citi
2) folds more easily with one hand, esp if you have a lot of stuff: zippy
3) stays upright and locked when folded, better for tight spaces: zippy
4) child's comfort (esp older child): zippy
5) 3 vs 4 wheels - dunno!
(if you do a lot of commuting by public transport, I would think the zippy's a better choice -- think of getting on a bus with groceries: relative ease of removing packages from 2 vs 1 handle; the citi doesn't lock easily when folded and will take up much more floor space, then you're holding a child and have nowhere to put all your stuff...I could technically drag the folded zippy -with packages still on the handlebars, by its folding handle up bus stairs. I think this is more important than greater ease on the road. And when the wheels were kinda shot, after 2 yrs of NY streets, dragging it backward up my stone stoop, snow etc, I sent the stroller to be serviced here in the states and had them all replaced for about $60)

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 8:47 pm
poelmamosh wrote:

How in the world can something fold more easily than the city mini?

Leahh

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 9:30 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
poelmamosh wrote:

I haven't gotten the CityMini yet but my sister has the double as does PoelMamosh. In terms of folding she is comparing folding a single to folding a double. The CityMini double has to be folded from both seats so it is 1 more step than the Zippy but I imagind the Single is easier.

poelmamosh

Post Wed, Nov 26 2008, 9:54 pm
BennysMommy wrote:
poelmamosh wrote:

Because you don't have to unload it completely to fold it. And it locks into place in your (one) hand. And it stands upright in the folded position, taking up a mere 10" square of valuable floor space (esp on a crowded bus!) t does take a little more strength, though.

Marriedinisrael

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 10:22 am
Thanks so much for all the answers!

I've tried out the folds on both- it seems that they both fold pretty well. The City Mini seems to have a slightly easier fold- but the Zippy seems to be easier to unfold once folded.

Here's one more question for all owners-
The Inglesina Zippy website tells me different things. The main website says that the Zippy is only from 6 months on, while the American website tells me it's from age 0.
The City Mini says it reclines- near flat.

180 is flat. They don't allow 180 due to fear of the baby tipping.
So how far does the Zippy or Mini fold- and are they suitable for newborns- age 0- WITHOUT a car seat or bassinet?
I'm having major trouble finding this detail out.

curlytop

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 10:41 am
I have the Zippy and put my baby in it from newborn age, no problem.
The reason they might say that is because it doesnt have a headrest, so you can just insert one or wrap up a blanket around the head if you are concerned.
I am very happy with this stroller

gz

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 11:31 am
removed

Last edited by gz on Wed, Feb 27 2019, 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total

gz

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 11:32 am
removed

Last edited by gz on Wed, Feb 27 2019, 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Marriedinisrael

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 3:03 pm
The Baby Jogger website says that it only reclines to a 150 degree angle. Is that okay for a newborn? Don't they prefer to sleep totally flat- or at least as flat as they can get?

Leahh

Post Sun, Dec 07 2008, 8:44 pm
From my research it seems that the City Mini is flatter than the Zippy.
If you do alot of walking the City Mini is a MUCH better choice. It is much easier and lighter to wheel and easier to wheel with 1 hand (when on the phone or holding another childs hand.)
I also think the baskets are similar in size. The Zippy basket is not that big.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics