Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
JJ Cole Bundle Me- which one is warmest?
1  2  Next

EsaEinai

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 2:37 pm
I'm trying to decide which bundle me to order- the urban bundle me or the original. The original looks very warm, but its not waterproof. The urban bundle me is water proof, but is it warm enough? I'd love some feedback! I'm looking for the most appropriate bundle me for a cold, wet climate

myfriends715

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 11:09 pm
the urban isnt as warm.. dont worry abt the waterproof cuz if its raining u'd probably use a rain cover anyway

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sat, Nov 15 2008, 11:12 pm
I have both. The regular is very heavy and warm but recently I got the urban one also. It said that it's weather proof which got me thinking. Does it mean it's also wind-proof? That way it would keep out wind from a child whereas the regular, notwithstanding its warmth, would still let the wind blow through to the child. Any thoughts?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 12:22 pm
At the risk of people jumping on me, I am talking from the heart here:
Any Bundle Me that does between the baby and the carseat is not approved by NHTSA as being safe. It lessens the power the buckles have to protect your child. There shouldn't really be any outerwear between the baby and the car seat. I believe there are some Bundle Mes that go over the car seat which is much, much better as well as some other brands or capes that work.

Aidelmom

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 12:25 pm
sorry

Last edited by Aidelmom on Mon, Nov 17 2008, 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

cuteson

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 12:26 pm
I've had the original bundle me last year for my son, was extremly warm sometimes in cold weather I even had to just put him on a jacket and put the bundle me over him was great warm and cozy. Thinking of buying a toddler bundle me this year again for him he really loved.

BusyBeeMommy

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 1:07 pm
HY, the BundleME is a lining for the car seat that lets you strap the child in, underneath the cover. I think that's a lot safer than strapping a child in a regular snowsuit as that goes between the child and the straps. Also, I use mine on my stroller so no safety issue there, it just snuggles my kids more and is way more convenient than a blanket.

Cuteson, definitely get the toddler one, my DD loves it!

EsaEinai

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 1:51 pm
Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I'll go with the Original Bundle Me. I'm only using it for the stroller, so the safety issue isn't so pertinent to me, but I would still be interested in hearing more about that. (and hi Hashem Yaazor! long time no speak! Smile )

amother

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 2:20 pm
When my DD was an infant I had the original one and I used it with a heavy sweater or blanket rather than a coat or snowsuit. Now that she's older and is being moved from car seat to stroller I keep the bundle me in the stroller and I bought the urban one for that. I figure since she's wearing a coat anyway its just an extra layer and doesnt need to be as heavy.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 3:02 pm
BusyBeeMommy wrote:
HY, the BundleME is a lining for the car seat that lets you strap the child in, underneath the cover. I think that's a lot safer than strapping a child in a regular snowsuit as that goes between the child and the straps. Also, I use mine on my stroller so no safety issue there, it just snuggles my kids more and is way more convenient than a blanket.

Cuteson, definitely get the toddler one, my DD loves it!

I know what it is -- it has slots, but it still goes in between the baby and the seat, which lessens the shock absorption (or something to that effect). There is a version that doesn't go in the seat itself which is fine.
I would NEVER use a snowsuit on a baby in the carseat. I use a car seat cover instead (by GoldBug).
I really want to get a cape or wrap though that goes over the car seat as well...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 3:04 pm
EsaEinai wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback. I guess I'll go with the Original Bundle Me. I'm only using it for the stroller, so the safety issue isn't so pertinent to me, but I would still be interested in hearing more about that. (and hi Hashem Yaazor! long time no speak! Smile )

Hi! How are you? Smile

For the stroller I'd do so without hesitation. You're not going 35 mph in it Wink
You can also check out these:
http://stores.ebay.com/BABY-ON.....WRAPS

Tehilla

Post Mon, Nov 17 2008, 3:09 pm
haha I just bought the urban version thanks to this thread. I have a nice lightweight coverall thing that a dear friend on here gave me for my new baby. but have been debating getting something else also. this is perfect! thanks!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 2:02 pm
http://babyproducts.about.com/.....t.htm Here is a link explaining how to tell if your child's outerwear is safe in a car seat and the problem with layers between the baby and the seat.

Tova

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 2:32 pm
Any clue on whether the JJ Cole Original Bundle Me is safe? It's on my Babies R Us shopping list. Is there a similar product that you know for sure is good?

chaylizi

Post Wed, Nov 19 2008, 2:45 pm
I think kiddopotamus or however you spell it makes a car seat cover. I use the bundle me original though. I have heard hy's argument. I understnad that it's probably valid. on the other hand, I don't need a sick newborn.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:00 pm
A car seat cover on top works as well too.
I have a GoldBug which keeps my baby warm (I also put on a hat). You can tell because when you unzip it, she is pink and feels warm enough.

Atali

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:05 pm
I have one of the ones that goes on the top (like HY) described, but now that my baby is getting taller the head-hole is a bit too low and it is hard to fit her in, so I was considering getting a bundle me.

Atali

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:09 pm
Okay, I just read HY's link and the bundle me doesn't seem safe. So does anyone have any suggestions for a baby too big for the over-seat cover

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:27 pm
Truthfully, I would love to get a cape, and then just ride up the back part, but I can't find any.
I think there are lap ones that only cover the bottom part...let me check.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 20 2008, 2:29 pm
http://www.neatitems.com/baby.htm with a fleece jacket?
Fleece is usually warm and thin enough to keep baby covered but not cause slack in the buckle. That's what I use for my boys.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics