Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
New Night Wetting

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 6:58 am
My ds BH has been night trained since he got potty trained in June this year (he was just over 3 then)

He actually was better at night than by day, but in the past month or so, he's begun wetting at night.

We even take him before we go to bed (wake him up and have him try--he doesn't even wake up), but several nights a week, he wets. When he does, he wakes up hysterical and to get him changed, have him try on the potty and change his bed linens is a nightmare--pun intended.

I cut off fluids a couple hours before bed....I just don't understand.

Any advice?

drumjj

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 7:00 am
maybe something in school is bothering him. or at home and its how he is expressing himself without even realizing it.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 7:04 am
Well, he's 3, so getting him to discuss what's bothering him, well, isn't really possible. He only thinks abotu what he wants to do or is doing NOW...

He probably doesn't even know.

I talk to his teacher often enough, and there's no major problems, behavioral or learning related.

Dh and I have worked on our shalom bayis, and it's even better soooo, I would think that wouldn't negatively impact our children....

I don't even know where to start.

Tamiri

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 7:15 am
Is it cold in the room? Sometimes when little boys are cold, they pish at night even if they are trained.
Also, it's very very common for boys to pish in bed until a later age. If it persists, rather than making an issue, why not just get him a diaper/pull up for the night?
I have been known to put a diaper on, with regular underpants over it, just so it isn't "really" a diaper.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 8:40 am
I don't want to regress to diapers because he had been dry for months at night, and is only recently consistently wetting his bed at night now.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 18 2008, 8:41 am
I will look into the "cold" aspect...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers