Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
We got pee-pee down...now what?

makubesu

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 12:47 am
I'm so proud! It seems like today my 11-month old DD figured out how to pee pee in the potty! All three times I took her today she pee peed and she was so proud every time, clapping her hands and smiling. She's not fully walking on her own yet and can't pull down her own diapers but associating pee pee and potty is a big step I think!

Now I'm worried about poo poo. With pee pee I made a "tsssss" sound as well as letting her go on her little potty while I went pee pee on the big potty. How should I handle poo poo? How do you cement an early association between poo poo and the potty? Any early trainers out there have recommendations? Thanks a lot!

makubesu

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 3:19 pm
OP here. Good news. DD went poo poo today in the potty! It seems like it must be a timing thing?!?!? What do you think?

zigi

Post Mon, Nov 24 2008, 3:21 pm
my mil said that you should teach them to grunt, and push on the potty. if she makes #2 at the same time everyday you can put her on when you think she will make.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training