Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
How much $$$$ to give to teachers

chavy

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 9:56 am
on chanuka? im talking about grade school girls..

Fabulous

Post Wed, Dec 10 2008, 9:59 am
around $25 - $50, depending on how many kids you have. If you have a few, I would go with $20 each.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 1:15 pm
Here they give one big gift from the whole class. You can give 20-25 if you want to give money.

bubby

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 1:35 pm
ONLY WHAT YOU CAN AFFORD!!!

If necessary, buy a gift (often nicer & cheaper) than giving $$. And send a nice letter to the PRINCIPAL, as well as to the teacher! Please don't get into debt for a gzillion Morahs, Rebbes & secular teachers. Times are hard for them, true, but they're tough for parents too.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 2:27 pm
We don't give any because school is already over LOL . They have a special day called, teachers day that teachers get their gifts and each class collects x amount. I think it's best when each class collects.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 2:29 pm
well with 4 $$$$ - maybe you have some extra for me too Confused

Raisin

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 3:34 pm
I think a gift card is a nice idea. I would feel weird taking money from a parent, but a gift card is different - and probably will not get spent on groceries, but on something nice for me.

Its very hard to know what teachers will appreciate - they probably don't need a million chatchekas or bath foams.

cb

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 9:29 pm
in my dd class are 3 teachers, so what do you do you give $20 per teacher? thats allot of money I think.

imaamy

Post Tue, Dec 16 2008, 11:40 pm
My DD's room parent asked for $20 from each family, to be divided among 4 teachers. I gave, knowing that they get a very nice gift for teacher appreciation week, plus we'll probably be hit up at end of year. This school is in the over $10K category on that poll, so I'm not thrilled to be giving and giving. When I gave the mom the money, she said only one other family had given! If everyone gave, each teacher would get a $100 gift card for Chanukah, another at teacher apprecation week and something else end of year. IMHO, too much!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics