Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
P3 tutors asking for more, delivering less
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 5:30 pm
I am posting again because one poster thinks I am not real for some reason. I will explain again in more detail. I have a decision to make. My child got approved for P3 tutoring paid for by the board of ed. The approval is for 5 days a week 1 hour per day. I have to make a decision over who will be the provider. I found a nice young lady who can come but says that because it’s all on the books, it comes out to very little money so she wants to come only twice a week, I should sign the paper that she is coming 5 times a week! She is not the first person who said that. all the providers in NY are doing this in order to make the job pay I guess. The African-American college grad that responded to my ad has no problem traveling 1 hour each way each day 5 days a week. What would you do! I am still considering to take the frum lady because she speaks Yiddish and can also learn Chumish and other things besides for English studies.

Classicookie

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 5:39 pm
no I would not go for that you can get in trouble (it once happened in my school when a therapist lied about hours and we sighed without really looking ) if they find out plus your child got those hours for a reason I might know someone that can help you pm me

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 5:51 pm
same as other thread ... taking a dishonest worker - any ethnicity - is becoming an accomplice to illegal behavior - as well as short-changing your child who obviously needs 5 hours of tutoring ...

chaylizi

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:11 pm
Hate to post my ignorance, but what's P3?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:13 pm
How do you say Chutzpah in the jewish language?
This is called stealing and taking advantage.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:14 pm
I posted in the other thread, as well. Assuming this thread is for real, how is that crook a nice Jewish lady? She's a crook, a cheat, a liar. I wouldn't make a deal with her to cheat, you're signing a document that is dishonest. By the way, if they discover her scam, they may decide that you were in cahoots, and you'll lose services. Is this what you want, just to avoid having an African American in your house?

Clarissa

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:15 pm
Wait a second, I just noticed that you said that the African American woman is a Muslim in the other thread. There's no way you could know her religion. I agree, this is fake.

avimom

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:16 pm
I know many people who do it but she and you can really get into trouble. Can you afford to offer her a little more per session out of pocket? I know others do that...
I also know of a family that brought a law suit that they couldn't find someone bilingual who would do it for the money entailed and they won the case- the provider was paid more. It required getting signatures from many providers that they wouldn't do it (myself included- it's not worth the money.)
Another idea- you can't find someone for 5 days a week but maybe you can take a yiddish person two days and the other (less desirable) person for three days...

amother

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:18 pm
OP here I thought you have to commit to one person only I didnt know you can juggle with two providers? are you positive?

chaylizi

Clarissa wrote:
Wait a second, I just noticed that you said that the African American woman is a Muslim in the other thread. There's no way you could know her religion. I agree, this is fake.

maybe she has an islamic sounding name? What

Clarissa

That doesn't mean anything. She could still be Christian, or whatever. Names aren't proof of anything.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:20 pm
I'm an innocent soul that tries to find excuses. sherlock holmes, I'm not.

nicole81

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:30 pm
I didn't see the other thread, but I'm almost certain that p3 tutoring pays $42/hr. is that really a small amount of money for most people?

ShakleeMom

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:32 pm
minus 15% for self employed taxes...

the young girls out of high school are asking $45 cash, is what my neighbor reported to me! OUCH!

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
How do you say Chutzpah in the jewish language?
Scratching Head

nicole81

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:34 pm
that's ridiculous; I would never pay that much to a young girl!

greenfire

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 6:45 pm
monies should not be an issue since the board of education is paying ...

qeenB

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:02 pm
I know a few p3 providers who only bill for sessions that they actually did the tutoring. however most p3 providers see the child 2 sessions and bill for 5. you can use 2 providers but most likely it wont help because they want more money per hour. the board of ed changed their policy that the p3 provider can see up to 5 kids per session and then they can bill for more money. maybe you can find another child who is on a similar level who can be tutored the same time and then the provider will get more $$ per hour.

chaylizi

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:04 pm
kikavu wrote:
Hate to post my ignorance, but what's P3?

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Wed, Dec 31 2008, 7:12 pm
Quote:
I am posting again because one poster thinks I am not real for some reason

hang on a second, the other thread is still running, it's not even locked. I can't see any logical reason for having started a second thread when you were getting plenty responses on the first one.

Now I'm also starting to doubt this. I'm also trying to figure out what an amother meant by asking how to say chutzpa in the jewish language. Confused

I'm reporting this thread.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics