Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Pacifier as a teething device

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 3:51 am
my baby never took a pacifier, we tried MANY. the other day she started to chew on things so I gave her a pacifier to see if it would calm her down and she stared to chew it LOL I think that its very funny, she is using it as a teething ring.

anyone else ever have this or is my daughter weird / funny? Smile

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 4:49 am
Be careful! It's a choking hazard, because they can bite bits off.

My children all had pacifiers for sucking on, and some started biting on them when they had teeth. I just made sure to check them every day and throw them away if they had any holes in them.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 5:05 am
shalhevet wrote:
Be careful! It's a choking hazard, because they can bite bits off.

My children all had pacifiers for sucking on, and some started biting on them when they had teeth. I just made sure to check them every day and throw them away if they had any holes in them.
thanks shalhevet, I will keep that in mind.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 14 2009, 6:51 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
my baby never took a pacifier, we tried MANY. the other day she started to chew on things so I gave her a pacifier to see if it would calm her down and she stared to chew it LOL I think that its very funny, she is using it as a teething ring.

anyone else ever have this or is my daughter weird / funny? Smile

My dd didn't want any pacifiers either, and I spent lots trying almost every shape, etc. but after a few mos, when she started teething, she actually wanted to suck on it (she did chew a little, but mostly suck)....

some designs are more hazardous than others re: choking, I've heard 1 piece designs (like soothie) are often considered the safest. Don't know if they have those where you are.

#1cook

Post Sun, Jan 18 2009, 10:32 pm
2 of my kids were addicted to pacifiers till 6 months when they started teething then they went from sucking to biting the pacy when there first tooth came in they gave up the pacy all together with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics