Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
4 month old screaming from teething

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 4:28 pm
I can see my son is starting to teeth. He has been struggling to nurse during the day because he’s in pain and ends up making up for it at night which is ok with me bc at least he’s eating still BH. I pump and also will try to get him to eat from a bottle throughout the day since it’s easier for him and offer him the breast a lot even though he doesn’t stay on for long. The concerning part is that he screams at the top of his lungs every evening. I’m assuming it’s from the pain. I’ve tried natural drops which seem to kind of help. I don’t want to keep giving him tylenol. Is this normal?? Thanks in advance

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 4:32 pm
It’s normal. You’ll get thru this. If he’s screaming non stop please give him Tylenol it really helps them. Also baby orajel works but you aren’t really supposed to use it unless u rub it in so well.

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:38 pm
Why won’t you give him Tylenol? Imagine screaming in pain and someone denies you the one thing that will help ?

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:41 pm
Amber necklace?

sk_613

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:41 pm
I do give him Tylenol. I’m just wondering if there’s another solution. Sometimes it takes a while to work. Also giving a child Tylenol every day isn’t the best

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:43 pm
[quote="sk_613"]I do give him Tylenol. I’m just wondering if there’s another solution. Sometimes it takes a while to work. Also giving a child Tylenol every day isn’t the best[/quote

Discuss the risks with your pediatrician

We used Camila in conjunction with Tylenol. Camila helped quickly while waiting for Tylenol to work

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:44 pm
Maybe you should bring him to the doctor to make sure nothing else is bothering him. Little babies who have an ear infection don't pull on their ears, they just cry.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:46 pm
I use the Camila drops also. Can’t tell how much it works for him.

Yes this is why I’m wondering if this normal behavior or not. Ty for suggestion might take him to the doctor and see

Last edited by amother on Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 6:49 pm
Wondering now if it could be an ear infection but he was just at the doctor on Tuesday for a checkup and she looked in his ears

Last edited by amother on Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Layokee

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:42 pm
I never used Oradell because I was afraid. I used Dr. Talbots's baby tooth gel. It's safe to swollen.
Also bear in mind that once the first tooth comes out the rest of the teeth usually come out faster than the first one.
Hatzlocha.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:47 pm
4 months is a bit early for teeth. Are you sure it isn't something else?

Princess23

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:47 pm
amother OP wrote:
I can see my son is starting to teeth. He has been struggling to nurse during the day because he’s in pain and ends up making up for it at night which is ok with me bc at least he’s eating still BH. I pump and also will try to get him to eat from a bottle throughout the day since it’s easier for him and offer him the breast a lot even though he doesn’t stay on for long. The concerning part is that he screams at the top of his lungs every evening. I’m assuming it’s from the pain. I’ve tried natural drops which seem to kind of help. I don’t want to keep giving him tylenol. Is this normal?? Thanks in advance

Welcome to my life. In reference to he has been struggling to nurse due to pain, Do babies stop breastfeeding when they start teething? (That may explain what happened to my baby) I guess it’s normal if it’s both of our babies.

amother Burgundy wrote:

Actually it’s normal. Babies also teeth at different times, your baby may have, that could be why you think it’s not typical.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 7:50 pm
amother Burgundy wrote:

I thought it was early too but I can kind of feel/see the teeth below the gums. The doctor said it’s on the earlier side but very possible.

I am wondering if it could be something else but what’s interesting is that BH throughout the night he’s fine. Not sure if teething gets better then?

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Mar 14 2024, 8:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
I thought it was early too but I can kind of feel/see the teeth below the gums. The doctor said it’s on the earlier side but very possible.

I am wondering if it could be something else but what’s interesting is that BH throughout the night he’s fine. Not sure if teething gets better then?

not early for my kids who have 12 teeth by a year! lol my kids also start losing their baby teeth early (4!)

stayAwake

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 8:49 am
Wow. it's tough.
Do you have teething toys? Pretzel rods also work.

scruffy

Post Tue, Mar 26 2024, 8:50 am
At this age a teething mitt works best since they don't have great hand control to bring teething toys to their mouth.

Like this

https://www.target.com/p/malar.....aw.ds
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics