Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Ideas in buying freestanding stove

LubavitchLeah

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 1:36 am
We need a new stove/oven, freestanding one, only for fleishig. Any advice would be appreciated as to which types, brands etc are good for a kosher household, in terms of Pesach Kashering, and ofcourse if I ever need to Kasher it Milchig. Things like Pourous stovetop etc etc. Any info/advice would be wanted as I truly have no idea what is out there, and I dont have the time to research before Pesach?

cindy324

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 1:10 pm
Things you should look for is sealed burners, so come Pesach you don't have to try to get all the food that fell inside the burners, I have a Kitchenaid with a ceramic top. It comes with 2 large grates instead of 4 small ones, you can buy an extra set for Pesach or you can kasher the ones you have(just make sure to remove the rubber pieces from the bottoms or they will melt from the heat during kashering.
Also you should get one with a self cleaning feature, although most newer models come with that nowadays.
You may also want to consider one with a Sabbath mode feature so it does not automatically shut off during Yomim Tovim.
I don't recommend spending the extra money on Kitchenaid inparticular(it was a gift) they are a very pricey brand. You can prob get a model with the same features for considerably less.

chanala

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 3:02 pm
There are freestanding double ovens!!!!!

They came out about a nanosecond after I bought my new oven a few years ago. I was seriously bummed!

Self cleaning, I don't know what kind of burners, but I'm fairly sure it was through Sears.

Yes it fits in the 'footprint' of a reg freestanding oven, you just don't get
the storage underneath.

*sigh*... weeping... LOL

shoy18

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 3:05 pm
I highly recomend the shabbos/yomtov oven they are great!!!!

LubavitchLeah

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 3:21 pm
Thank You Shoy, Chanala and Cindy!
All advice I'm taking note of ...good advice
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars