Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
3.5-month-old sleep troubles!

Reuvena

Post Sun, Jan 18 2009, 9:58 am
Bs"D
My 3.5 month old is waking throughout the night, and not to nurse. I nurse him exclusively and B'H, he has gained weight very well (he weights 14.8 now, KA'H). He is waking throughout the night for his pacifier usually, and at this point does not know how to go to sleep on his own without it. He was napping in a swing for a while, but I don't want him to get used to that anymore because he'll grow out of it soon. I swaddle him to sleep, which helps him to know it's sleep time as well as restricts him from clawing at his face (which he does and awakens himself). He doesn't really suck on his fingers at all for comfort. I'm really at a loss for what to do: I know that he's not hungry every time he's waking, and he has gone from 7:30 pm until 6:30 am without eating. He's kind of young to just let him cry, from what I've read...but I'm just not sure what to do. He's attached to the pacifier, but I know that it's making his naptime and nighttime sleeping awful. He's cranky for much of the day because of lack of sleep. He won't take the long naps that he needs and then is cranky. Does anyone have any advice for how I can help my son to sleep better and longer? I don't mind feeding him once or twice in the night if I have to, but I'm literally up numerous times every hour to give him his paci and settle him back to sleep...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics