Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Slow Down SaraG! :)
1  2  Next

goldrose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 5:42 pm
Maybe we could combine all those "poll" questions into one thread where everyone answers the questions in a list format - it is annoying to click on each thread!

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 5:44 pm
hey goldrose! first you complain that they're only boring threads. now you're complaining that they're too many interesting threads!!!

nicole81

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 5:46 pm
lol!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 5:47 pm
lol INDEED!

goldrose

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 5:50 pm
Nu, isn't that the nature of the Jew? Didn't you learn parshas beshalach? LOL

I was contemplating starting a thread about whether I should frost my chocolate cake or not....

SaraG, I think the difference between your new threads and all the other "boring" threads are - you are asking people about THEMSELVES, and dont people love to talk about themselves? Yes Good going!

But how do you have SO MUCH time?

Oh, I know, you just want to get to the TOP TEN posters really fast! haha

Tefila

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 5:51 pm
But please no more dog ones 8)

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Feb 13 2006, 9:32 pm
LOL LOL LOL -- good comeback, goldrose!! Smile

Crayon210

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 3:45 pm
(This post no longer makes any sense because an earlier post was deleted.)

Last edited by Crayon210 on Wed, Feb 15 2006, 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 4:40 pm
Go, CRAYON!!!!!!!!!!!

RedVines

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 4:43 pm
I have to say I rreally enjoy SaraG's posts...keep em coming!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 5:17 pm
Some of these topics are really cute but it seems as though regular topics that should get more responses are dying out too early. For example someone in the chinuch section wants to homeschool for financial reasons. She was looking to network. She only got three responses. Who here does not know someone who homeschooled? I can enjoy some cute topics but do feel that those who want our support for important issues should get adequate responses. Isn't that what the website is for?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 6:32 pm
And...one would negate the other, how?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 6:37 pm
What I think may be happening is that either people are responding to what is on the home page without checking the forum, or that if they do not see serious topics they log off. Maybe they really like the less serious topics better. That is of course their choice. I do enjoy some light hearted subjects but I cannot eat dessert all day!

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 6:57 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Some of these topics are really cute but it seems as though regular topics that should get more responses are dying out too early. For example someone in the chinuch section wants to homeschool for financial reasons. She was looking to network. She only got three responses. Who here does not know someone who homeschooled? I can enjoy some cute topics but do feel that those who want our support for important issues should get adequate responses. Isn't that what the website is for?

Sometimes those posts get a following at a different time of the day, evening, or the next day. Three responses to a serious topic in one day isn't bad. Not everyone is on board at once.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 3:27 am
deleted

Last edited by shalhevet on Mon, Feb 20 2017, 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total

queen

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 9:31 am
mummyof6 wrote:
Maybe we could have a separate forum for frivolous questions ....

they were all placed in the appropriate socializing (and the likes) threads. However if you view most recent posts/or posts since you last logged on, there is no way to filter out specific catagories.

SaraG took the initiative to spice things up here when it was getting quite dull and boring. If you still find it's not exciting- your more then welcome to MAKE it exciting.

(I'm waiting!!!!)

southernbubby

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 10:15 am
I found the problem to be with the quantity and frequency. There are some light hearted topics within the current forum that we could all revitalize. I tried to start one once by listing some websites for bargain hunters. When I hit the home page and found topic after topic to be not only lighthearted but not relevant to me I logged off. I also informed the administration that I had recommended the site to some friends who would not be interested if they thought the whole thing was a joke. People who were looking for real support were getting fewer responses than I would have expected. One silly topic a day would have been fine but this was excessive. It appears that the problem has been solved and that we now have a real selection to suit all of our needs.

Mommy912

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 10:26 am
queen wrote:
.. took the initiative to spice things up here when it was getting quite dull and boring.

Who said things were boring? There was one thread from a member who shall not be named who said she was online all the time and there were no more posts for her to read.

This is not prime-time TV. This site was not setup to be a non-stop form of entertainment. It is a place for people to get support, share ideas and have some fun.

I find it quite amusing - and a bit frightening - to realize that just because one person found the stream of excitement not up to her needs, that A GROUP DECISION WAS MADE THAT WE ARE BORING!!???

Come on ladies - do you really think you are boring?

If a lack of constant entertainment makes you unentertaining, what does a overabundance of frivolous posts make you?

SaraG wrote:
But just stam to yack is wrong!

queen

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 10:33 am
Mommy912 wrote:
This is not prime-time TV.

LOL LOL LOL

I come on here while nursing the baby..... and like to find interesting CONVERSATIONS going on.

That has been lacking but beginning to get back into gear again.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Feb 16 2006, 11:09 am
Mommy912, if I am not sufficiently mind-bending for your liking, I apologize.

I'm not as brilliant as you, obviously.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics