Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Need referrals for dorm high school for dd

ruth

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 3:17 am
My dh is going to a hatunah Israel before Pesach and is looking into housing for us. He wants to be in the area near Tel Aviv/Bnei Brak/Holon. I want a school for my american dd. A dorm school would be best for her but I need something that will help her acclimate. she knows some ivrit.

My dh is temani you can consider us hardal.

If ppl can ask others, I would greatly appreciate it so my dh can visit during his trip.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Feb 17 2009, 3:23 am
I gave you some suggestions in that other thread, did you see them. Also could you elaborate on being Chardal, do you wear stockings, long sleeves, do you have a tv, internet at home, etc. Chardal can be interperted in many ways.
Also is your DD a good scholar would she be itnerested in a more acadeic place?

raspberry tea

Post Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:51 am
What grade will she be in?

Have you heard about the Naale-Elite Academy program?

There are 3 "orthodox" girls HS with that program that I know of. A girl from my community is in it and she loves it.

If you want her to keep the benefits of the program though, you must make aliyah 3 months after she starts school. I'm assuming you can stay on with the schools even if this isn't the case, you just wouldn't get the program for free with it's benefits.

From what I understand the first year they teach you Ivrit. The next year they intergrate you into a full ivrit learning. It goes something like that.

Here's more:

http://www.elite-academy.org/index.html
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions