Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
What to send for dinner to a neighbor ?

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 07 2009, 8:15 pm
Her husband doesn't go for meat with bones and most vegetables. They have several small kids too.

Do you think Chinese would be good - fried rice, stir fried chicken and veggies.........

Or should I send a dairy lasagne ? With salad, etc.

Or do you have another suggestion? Thanks.

heffer569

Post Sat, Mar 07 2009, 11:22 pm
u could always send spaghetti with a meat sauce or meatballs. I usually pair it with string beans and garlic bread. If its really cold I will also send a soup.

DREAMING

Post Sat, Mar 07 2009, 11:37 pm
fried or baked chicken cutlets, mashed potatoes, salad, soup

or dairy lasagne with salad and a soup

Tova

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 9:34 am
chocolate moose, I think both of your suggestions sound great!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 9:43 am
Time is limited. I have other things to do today, plus I have to make and deliver the dinner. I have to make it for us too and we have to like it.

I think I'm going Chinese; I just hope little kids eat that. If they don't,it doesn't help my friend at all. Sad

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 11:03 am
how 'bout meatballs?

Mommish

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 9:46 pm
When I had my last baby we got a week of meals and at least 3 or 4 nights it was some version of spaghetti and meatballs! I think Chinese sounds great! Best is to offer 2 options and see which one they want if you're doing it for a friend.

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 09 2009, 8:53 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Time is limited. I have other things to do today, plus I have to make and deliver the dinner. I have to make it for us too and we have to like it.

I think I'm going Chinese; I just hope little kids eat that. If they don't,it doesn't help my friend at all. Sad

I don't think there is a single supper that ALL of my kids like. As long the adults get a good meal, the picky kids can always have cereal or a peanut butter sandwich, or they may enjoy just the rice, say. keep the stir fry and rice etc seperate if possible.

chinese is not too spicy, I think my kids would eat it, mostly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics