Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
DD undresses herself!
1  2  Next

Lilkingdom

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 3:32 am
My dd started this new thing every night. She undresses herself sometime during the night. She wakes up but doesnt really cry, just takes her bottle, talks to her teddy bears and undresses herself! Very Happy In the morning I find her half naked or fully naked and she's usually freezing cold from being this way all night. She wears the one piece pjs but manages to pull off the two piece ones as well. Any suggestions how to keep that kid dressed???
Oh and getting her dressed again while she's asleep isn't an option. She's a terrible light sleeper and wakes up. Once up she'd undress herself again anyway so no point.

Tefila

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 3:34 am
Thats how tots are hopefully though she'll outgrow it soon Very Happy

StrongIma

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 3:38 am
I used to put their onesies on them backwards until they outgrew this stage. It can be quite cold for them at night otherwise.

Lilkingdom

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 3:44 am
It must be so uncomfy backwards because her toes won't fit properly.

grin

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 4:15 am
if it's big enough to be baggy, it'll fit OK.

catonmylap

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 5:13 am
Mine started doing this too in the last couple of weeks.

I tried taping the diaper, but it was hard to get off in the morning and anyway the pjs came off.

What worked best for us was the backwards pjs. He has not figured that out.

I also heard about safety pinning the top of the zipper , but we didn't try that.

I know he's going to take off his Purim costume too because he's obsessed with zippers & the independence of taking off clothing himself.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 6:03 am
ima10 wrote:
I used to put their onesies on them backwards until they outgrew this stage. It can be quite cold for them at night otherwise.

Check with a rav - you are not supposed to wear clothes the wrong way around (I think it causes shichcha/ forgetting). Maybe it's allowed for this.

dainty diva

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 6:51 am
DD does exactly the same, and yes, I put on her onesies backwards and her one piece sleeper with the zipper in the back, while she yells "it's not the right way". Ask a Rav? For what? If I should let my DD remove her pamper and have my big boys coming to my room night after night that DD is totally naked? OK, I'll ask if it's preferred backward clothing over naked kids.
Please stop suggesting there is a shaila when there really isn't (I mean these kids are under three, for heaven's sake)!

Tamiri

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 7:01 am
catonmylap wrote:

I also heard about safety pinning the top of the zipper , but we didn't try that.

That's a good thing. Because what if he is able to open it (the pin)? Best seems like that backwards method. Strange, I don't think I ever went through with this undressing business at night.

shalhevet

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 7:08 am
dainty diva wrote:
Ask a Rav? For what? If I should let my DD remove her pamper and have my big boys coming to my room night after night that DD is totally naked? OK, I'll ask if it's preferred backward clothing over naked kids.
Please stop suggesting there is a shaila when there really isn't (I mean these kids are under three, for heaven's sake)!

I suggest you use the ignore feature for my posts.

mummy-bh

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 8:17 am
How about using a onesie pyjama with a zipper?

I have this in double, B"H. I tried putting on backwards (never thought about the correlation with forgetting, which is something I'm normally very careful about embarrassed ). My twins help each other with any clothing they find tricky to do themselves. I am seriously considering duck tape on their diapers - they are found totally starkers about once a week or so at this point. Queen Queen

challi

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 8:28 am
Quote:

Strange, I don't think I ever went through with this undressing business at night.

tamiri, mine never did at night either.... just in the middle of the street in their stroller. I'd look down and oops, no shirt or dress! LOL

catonmylap

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 8:49 am
Tamiri wrote:
catonmylap wrote:

That's a good thing. Because what if he is able to open it (the pin)? Best seems like that backwards method. Strange, I don't think I ever went through with this undressing business at night.

Yeah, that aspect of it made me a little nervous.....but the backwards thing works for us, so I stopped there.

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 12:25 pm
Before using the safety pin for the zipper, please consider the fact that it is right by the neck, and it could c'v open in the middle of th night.......ouch

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 1:01 pm
snap a picture of her sleeping nakete tushie sleeping and laugh it off ... besides kids who don't like clothes and diapers toilet train quicker ...

MyKidsRQte

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 3:24 pm
greenfire wrote:
snap a picture of her sleeping nakete tushie sleeping and laugh it off ... besides kids who don't like clothes and diapers toilet train quicker ...

ROFL

My boys used to walk around the house stark naked. People used to come to my house and be mortified. At first it bothered me, but then I would tell them if youve got a problem with it, dont come to my house shock

At first I tried everything, nothing seemed to work until they were ready to start wearing clothes again. Greenfire is right, they are alot easier to toilet train.

Just to give you some hope-My boys are now 8 & 10 and they are always dressed. They got over it once they started going to school

mamacita

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 4:47 pm
Ha! I also have two nakkie babes! One does it to voice his displeasure at being kept waiting in the morning before he's released from his crib and the other does it stam until she decides that she is cold. Tongue Out Cold eh? Wonder how that happened?

B"H they can't undo overalls, so that's one solution, the other is just to make sure their room is warm enough. I've started mentioning how Hashem wants them to wear clothes, cuz when they hit 3 it'll be a little less funny (publicly funny, I can't help giggling about it in private!)

Lilkingdom

Post Sun, Mar 08 2009, 11:40 pm
Greenfire, I already took many cute tushy pics of her sleeping! Very Happy

You people suggest I turn her pjs inside out? Or backwards as in zipper in back? I tried the backwards but she had no place for her toes and kept on pulling as if really uncomfy by the feet.

I think I'll try doing it inside out. I doubt she'll figure out how to unzipper from the inside. Actually I'm quite confident she WILL figure it out but it'll buy me some time.

yersp

Post Mon, Mar 09 2009, 12:19 am
does the option of buying PJ's without the feet help? At least like this you can definitely close it from the back. The only problem would be that she'll probably take her socks off.

Lilkingdom

Post Mon, Mar 09 2009, 12:23 am
I don't like those without full legs. She doesn't stay covered and her feet get cold. Socks is definitely out of the question... I have a fight putting them on every morning!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics