Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
My daughter bit someone in playgroup

amother

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 3:27 pm
What is my responsibility now? She has never bitten before and the teacher told me that the boy she bit kind of had her in a hold and she must have felt threatened which is why she bit. She didn't break the skin and she felt very sorry and sad after she did it. The boy's mother was notified, but should I call her? None of my kids have even hit or bitten before so I don't know what I'm supposed to do. The teacher didn't seem to think I had to do anything but I don't want to do the wrong thing...

StrongIma

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 3:44 pm
it sounds like it was entirely self-defense. I don't think anything at all is called for on your part - don't blow it out of proportion by getting the adults involved.

sky

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 3:50 pm
Don't worry about it. You weren't there when it happened and she doesn't bite at home. If she continues to bite at playgroup you can look into if something is wrong. here it sounds like it was completely self defense. I think if it happened at playgroup, and she isn't a biter, then it is the morah's responibilty to apologize and make sure it doesn't happen again.

ETA: My son was biting for a time in playgroup and I felt bad but there was nothing I could do - I wasn't there. I saw the more I talked about it ("We don't bite at Morah, right?" ) at home the more he did it. So I stopped. In the end his morah dealt with it.

anon

Post Thu, Mar 19 2009, 4:08 pm
This was a first time offense and it was self-defense. I would drop it. Hopefully the teacher will know to relay to the boy's mother that he had your daughter in a hold.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics