Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Too early wake-up

Seraph

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 1:17 am
My 1.5 year old son sleeps generally from somewhere between 7:30 and 9 pm till 7 am. OR even 8. And naps for about 2 hours during the day, sometimes less.
But lately, now that he spends most of his night in the crib in his room, he is waking up at 5:00 or 5:30 and not wanting to return to sleep, even after being nursed. I suspect birds chirping were keeping him awake, because when I went into his room to lie down next to him in the hope that he'd go back to sleep, I kept hearing birds chirping, and each time, he'd say "quack quack"- his name for all birds.

Any suggestions to get him to sleep later in the morning? I dont think his nap in the day is a problem, because yesterday after waking at 5:30, he slept for approx half an hour during the day, went to bed at 7, and woke up at 5:30 again this morning. (Keeping him in my bed the whole night doesnt work either, because he doesnt actually GO BACK TO SLEEP if I'm there and available to nurse. (Friday night he slept in my bed, and still woke up 5:30.)

zigi

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 1:23 am
could you try a whit noise machine to muffle the sounds? good luck with the early wake ups! does he need you right away or could he play in his crib on his own?

Seraph

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 1:27 am
he needs me right away.

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 1:34 am
The clocks are changing Friday night, hopefully that will solve the problem. Mine have also been up earlier in the last few weeks. It's LIGHT out at 6am.

Of course then the new problem will be he's going to bed an hour later... but he goes to bed pretty late so it should be dark at 7:30. At least for a while Smile

Marion

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 3:10 am
Mine have been sleeping in (well, Emmanuel has been)...having to wake him is NOT going to be fun. He's a grumpy woken up toddler. Having Shai up at 6 instead of 5, however, will be lovely!

Marion

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 3:11 am
I thought the clocks change motzaei Shabbat!

RachelEve14

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 3:14 am
Is it? I thought Friday night? Well we'll figure it out before next week at least. Not that I think mine will sleep any later, but there is always hope!

cubbie

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 9:35 am
I thought it was on Thursday night

As for the waking up - it's a phase that alot of kids go through at that age, thankfully my younger dd didn't go through it, but my older dd did it lasted about a month or so and then she went back to sleeping till 7. I remember at the time speaking to a couple of friends with kids the same age and they all were doing it and it didn't last too long with any of them.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Mar 23 2009, 9:38 am
It's before Shabbot. Dh said there is an early minyan this week.

I am not looking forward to late Shabbatot. I don't do late Shabbos well Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics