Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Which whole grain products taste the best ?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 11:14 am
It doesn't seem to matter for DD and myself, but it would be better for DH and DS to eat more whole grains but we can't find bread that we all agree on. In addition, brands of crackers, couscous. etc. would be helpful.

Thanks.

anewday

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 11:28 am
well wheat is terrible for u!
so ezekial bread (comes in the freezer of a healthfood store or a drugstore...) and when toasted its gr8!
I personally go for brown rice pasta its expensive but much more filling! and tastes very similar to regular pasta when cheese is added Smile

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 12:40 pm
I like Stroemann's whole wheat bread -- it's very light rather than dense and healthy-tasting.

Barilla whole grain pasta -- it's 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white. I buy it in bulk at BJ's. BJ's sells 8-paks of spaghetti and 6 or 8-paks mixed boxes of penne and rotelli. The whole family likes it.

Multi-Grain Corn Thins -- like thin rice cakes but they're corn so they taste like corn-flavored styrofoam instead of just styrofoam. Smile Actually, they're pretty good.

Cracker Flats -- flatbread crackers. My favorite flavor is "Whole-grain spelt with everything." I eat them most days for lunch with chummous and tomato slices... and a bar of chocolate!

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 2:34 pm
Francos whole wheat breat is very good.

Goldbaums brown rice pasta taste better then regular pasta.

greeneyes

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 5:19 pm
Mezonos maven makes really delicious whole wheat rolls. I like them lightly toasted, with Smart Balance light spread. That's part of my lunch, practically every day. Smile

de_goldy

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 9:19 pm
Sova Whole Wheat Bread - when very fresh or else toasted. yum.

qeenB

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 9:33 pm
windmill farms tastes great and is healthy

beautiful blessings

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 10:01 pm
tgiwbg wrote:
well wheat is terrible for u!
so ezekial bread (comes in the freezer of a healthfood store or a drugstore...) and when toasted its gr8!
I personally go for brown rice pasta its expensive but much more filling! and tastes very similar to regular pasta when cheese is added Smile

I'll ditto that. We live on Ezekiel bread and brown rice pasta! They are delicious and healthy as well.

As for crackers, shibolim whole spelt crackers aren't bad.

bfg

Post Sun, Mar 22 2009, 10:14 pm
Quinoa
Must be rinsed very well, and cooked for about 20 minutes. Mild tasting and goes with many things, ie: onions, vegetables, fruit,
Complete protein

As a plus. for pre-pesach, not chometz so good to use the week before pesach
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics