Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My dd has RSV or a Bronchial Virus
Previous  1  2

sporty

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 5:08 am
thanks...yea he is sleeping I figured id wake him soon....he's not a worrier like me so he went to sleep while I couldnt do that.
I hope your new baby feels better soon.

drumjj

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 5:10 am
I understand that mine also sleeps through anything drives me mad he slept while I was in labour aswell.

Seraph

Post Sun, Mar 29 2009, 6:56 am
sporty wrote:
It seems like pretty much everyone ends up taking their child to the hospital for oxygen with this virus. I guess I have to get prepared for that but I hope we can manage to stay home and avoid it.
I just cant stay strong while she is suffering. She's struggling to breathe when she is eating and it breaks my heart. I can't watch this happen and yet I am her mother and I need to be there for her and hold her and comfort her. I'm so scared that in the hospital they will seperate her from me and I won't get to do that.
She's barely eating. I just got her to take one ounce and now I am prob going to stay up an hour or so and try to get her to take another. At least if she takes small amounts frequently its better than nothing...
sporty, when my son was in the hospital, the only babies in the nicu with rsv were the premies. Are you absolutely sure they dont let parents stay with infants in your hospital? is there no other option of hospitals?
I know my son didnt eat anything barely when he had rsv... he was about to get dehydrated but narrowly avoided needing an iv for fluids because in the emergency room he started nursing again, although less than usual. though they usually say dont give infants water, the doc said if my son started getting dehydrated to take a syringe and syringe water down his throat. it didnt work for me because he threw up whatever I managed, from all the coughing...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics