Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Any ideas for matzah leftovers?!?!?!?
1  2  Next

Twoisacharm

Post Fri, Apr 17 2009, 11:45 am
I know - bored of matzah but we have about 5lbs leftover.....so yesterday we made pizza from matzah sooooooo goooood - like seriously devine LOL we put mushrooms and olives and dh put hotpeppers.....dang those things burrrrn!

but wat to do with the rest......HELP

mayb the army salvation will have use for it Idea .....I wonder

Fabulous

Post Fri, Apr 17 2009, 11:47 am
We eat it till it's used up with the eggs on Shabbos. If you really don't want it, call up a local tzedaka like masbia or tomchei shabbos to see if they'd take it.

Mrs Bissli

Post Fri, Apr 17 2009, 11:53 am
matza lasagna--uses up much more matzot than the pizza.
I make layers with tomato/pasta sauce, combination of ricotta/cottage cheese, some veggie (spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, sauteed mushroom), shredded cheese, repeat them and end the top layer smothered with tomato sauce and cheese. Let the casserole rest for 15-20min for tha matzot to soften, then bake in a slow oven for about 20-30min covered, broil to melt/brown the top cheese.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Apr 17 2009, 11:54 am
we eat it on shabbos with the eggs! yum!!!

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 17 2009, 12:02 pm
pesach sheni ...

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Apr 17 2009, 12:04 pm
greenfire wrote:
pesach sheni ...

my thoughts exactly...mmm...matza pizza...

shalhevet

Post Sat, Apr 18 2009, 4:44 pm
We made chocolate wine matza layer cake for Shabbos - we don't eat gebrokts on Pesach, so it was a winner.

I also grind up leftovers for matza meal and make kneidlach (didn't have time this Friday). I was complaining to dh how we can't have kneidlach from Purim on because of the matza, and then can't even eat them on Pesach. Exploding anger

Raisin

Post Sat, Apr 18 2009, 6:02 pm
shalhevet wrote:
We made chocolate wine matza layer cake for Shabbos - we don't eat gebrokts on Pesach, so it was a winner.

I also grind up leftovers for matza meal and make kneidlach (didn't have time this Friday). I was complaining to dh how we can't have kneidlach from Purim on because of the matza, and then can't even eat them on Pesach. Exploding anger

we have matza balls on the 8th day of pesach. yum! my favourite meal the whole pesach.

I had some shmura matza meal leftover and we used it for schnitzle yesterday. if you have a grinder make into matza meal and use for schnitzle, meatballs etc.

MyKidsRQte

Post Sat, Apr 18 2009, 9:14 pm
matzah meal for knaidlech

tziganka

Post Sat, Apr 18 2009, 9:27 pm
Matza brei!

Let me know if you want a good recipe.

ra_mom

Post Sat, Apr 18 2009, 10:51 pm
Make chocolate covered matzahs from the Quick & Kosher cookbook. Let me know if you need the easy recipe.

Aribenj

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 6:09 pm
http://matzahsong.com/

Sorry... I just had to...

flowerpower

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 6:10 pm
Eat in on shabbos with the eggs
matzo brei
blend of processor and use for chremselach or matza balls

koalamum

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 8:37 pm
I like to eat the leftover Matzah for Shaloshudos. It sure beats regular store bought Matzah.
Of course I am also glad that there will be some left for Pesach Sheni.

Twoisacharm

Post Sun, Apr 19 2009, 11:31 pm
merelyme wrote:
Twoisacharm wrote:
I know - bored of matzah but we have about 5lbs leftover.....so yesterday we made pizza from matzah sooooooo goooood - like seriously devine LOL we put mushrooms and olives and dh put hotpeppers.....dang those things burrrrn!

but wat to do with the rest......HELP

mayb the army salvation will have use for it Idea .....I wonder

The Salvation Army is a Christian organization.

omg hahahahhahaa u made me laugh it was said in jest Wink but im gona try the lasagna for tomorrow sounds delish!

and yes please il take the recipe for matzah brei (wat is that btw???) and also the chocolate covered ones PLEASE altho that mite just mess up the diet I started.........

Barbara

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 12:59 am
We save it for emergencies when we don't have challah for motzei, esp if we go on vacation. Also use it instead of crackers. Somehow, though, I always wind up throwing out a box I find shoved to the back of the pantry before the next Pesach.

NativeMom

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 6:20 pm
We like leftover matzah on salad (if you have a toaster oven "toast"it for a min or so and its nice and crispy)
I made matzah stuffing to go with the chicken I made for shabbos.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Apr 20 2009, 7:11 pm
Matzah will last awhile - you don't need to use it up all at once. We love matzah and use it all the time, so we stocked up on machine matzah because it was only 2.99 for 5 lbs. right before pesach.

MrsDuby

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 11:23 am
I know this is going to sound really silly --
but if anyone (in the NY area) is interested in getting rid of their shemurah matzah - I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to take it off your hands !!!! (or buy it)

superduper

Post Tue, Apr 21 2009, 11:34 am
we toast it in the oven, smear with butter and add salt and garlic powder yum!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics