Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Murder in Crown Heights
1  2  3  Next

goldrose

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:15 am
see www.crownheights.info for update. This is TERRIBLE Exploding anger Crying

gryp

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:57 am
this is horrible.
Quote:
At around 1:00am Efraim Klien (42) HY”D was driving down Schenectady Ave. when eye witnesses claim to have heard and seen 3 shots being fired at the minivan Efrayim was driving, after the shots the van swerved and turned into Carroll St. where he was weaving and was all over the road and went running into parked cars from the beginning of the block until hitting one car in the middle of the block bringing the car to a complete stop.

The minivan then burst into flames and 2 bystanders ran to the van and got the injured victim out of the vehicle and put out the flames. At this point Hatzalah members were already showing up on scene and began performing basic life support, at which time a Hatzalah Ambulance and a FDNY Ambulance had shown up, Hatzalah transported the victim to KCH where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Quote:
The victim who was 42 years of age leaves behind a son who he was going to marry off next week and a daughter who is currently in Israel.

Police have initiated a Level One Mobilization in which every extra hand is called in to search for suspects, or in this case to search for any evidence of a suspect. As of now there has been no progress made.

the crime rate in crown heights is on the rise. Crying Crying

goldrose

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 7:02 am
addition facts from a neighbor - he is divorced, his ex wife lives in flatbush. he has six children ka"h, his daughter in israel got married a month or so ago.

I dont konw where his other kids are...with the mother?

I'm scared to leave my house!

gryp

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 7:04 am
oh my goodness, I just realized. I dont blame you. do you have bars by the way?
not only do I not have bars but I live on the first floor AND my windows are broken and dont lock!!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 7:14 am
my 18 yr old was mugged at gunpoint on Utica and President. We are very lucky. He had to bench gomel the next day. Apparently, they knocked him out because he did not know how he ended up on the ground. A few days later, the police had a meeting with CH residents to discuss crime. What is the answer? Should Jews own guns? Our son knows to take a taxi from now on or walk with someone else but he learned the hard way.

goldrose

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 7:16 am
yes, we have bars. I wouldn't move in without them.

Where is SaraG - I wonder if she would have more info for us.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 7:32 am
I am here. I am just sick about it!

goldrose

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 7:34 am
I can imagine SaraG. I'm annoyed about stupid ruled like alternate side parking.

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 7:35 am
how horrible Crying

gryp

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 7:47 am
TRAGEDY, R' EPHRAIM KLEIN KILLED IN CROWN HEIGHTS
LEVAYA 2:00PM @ 770

With profound sadness, pain and shock we inform you of the tragic and untimely passing of R’ Ephraim Klein, a 47-year-old father of three who was murdered early Tuesday morning in Crown Heights.

R’ Efraim was shot in his arm and chest while driving his minivan in the vicinty of Carroll & Schenedtady shortly after 1:00am. According to a local resident, he heard 3 shots at lerech 1:18am. After being shot R’ Efraim lost control of his car and sideswiped several cars on Carroll St.

Hatzolah rushed him to Kings County hospital but sadly it was too late, R' Efriam had passed away from his wounds.

Ephraim leaves behind three children - one son and two daughters. His two daughters are married and live in Brooklyn and his son is engaged to be married in Israel next Thursday.

Rabbi Shea Hecht, Chairman of the National Committee for the Furtherance of Jewish Education, spoke to Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, and was assured that everything that can be done to find the murderer of Ephraim Klein, is being done.

The CHJCC has posted a $10,000 reward for information leading to his killer.

THE LEVAYA WILL BE TODAY-TUESDAY 1:30PM @ SHOMREI HADAS AND PASSING BY 770 @ LERECH 2:00PM

Hamokom Yenachem eschem Besoch Shaar Avaylay Tzion VeYerushalayim. Vehukeetzu Veranenu Shochnay Ufur vehu besochom!

from shmais.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 8:21 am
Do they have personal safetey classes at the schools in the area? I'm always surprised that so many young children walk alone late at night. It's a high-crime area, and people shouldn't be so lackadaisical about their safety. (Obviously this statement has nothing to do with the murder that occured last night, the deceased couldn't have done anything to protect himself, there's no way the outcome could have changed).

I definitely think that residents shouldn't shout their door codes in the street. That gives anyone off the street access to the inside of their apartment buildings.

When I started college in NY, a police officer came to orientation and gave us excellent tips on staying safe. If schools don't already implement some type of safety program, they should, it can make a small difference.

I've already lost someone I loved to a violent murder in CH, and I would love to see other crimes prevented.

hardwrknmom

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 8:24 am
I woke up to this terrible news.. Hashem Yishmorinu.

The cops claim that it was passing bullets & Mr. Klein (OBM) was at the wrong place at the wrong time..

Another freeky thing they said the bullets went into his arm and chest- but they came in and back into his body.

May g-d comfort his family.

BTW his son is supposed to get married Next thursday in Israel shock

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 8:55 am
I am really confused I looked at the site the original poster gave and it said one thing and now another from gr. I don't get it???

one said one age another said much more kids another said a different story I wonder which one to believe. even so what a horrible tragedy. Crying

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 9:06 am
hardwrknmom wrote:
Another freeky thing they said the bullets went into his arm and chest- but they came in and back into his body.

my opinion I think this is highly impossible

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 9:19 am
It's possible for a bullet to snake around a person's body.

hardwrknmom

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 9:42 am
supermom wrote:
I am really confused I looked at the site the original poster gave and it said one thing and now another from gr. I don't get it???

one said one age another said much more kids another said a different story I wonder which one to believe. even so what a horrible tragedy. Crying

He has a total of six children KH.. that what I read either crownheights.info or shmais.

supermom

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 11:33 am
DefyGravity wrote:
It's possible for a bullet to snake around a person's body.

I asked my husband and he explained it to me thanks. poor guy he must have suffered so Crying

amother

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 1:09 pm
it happened at my corner.
at around 3:00 I woke up hearing loud talking going on in the hallways of my apt building. then my doorbell rings. I went to the door and asked who it is and the guy behid they door said police. I was surprised. I went to put on a robe and answered the door.
he then told me that NYPD is investigaing a shotting that happened around 1-1:30 and if I heard anything. I told him no. he took down my info and was about to leave wneh I asked him if the shooting was fatal. he said yes. then I asked if it was a jew and he said yes. I almost fainted. he told me if I remember anything...I should call the precinct.
I went baack to the bedroom and otld my husband the conversation. we both could not sleep for the rest of the night.
in shul this morning he found out who it was and saw them tow away the car. caroll was blocked off from schenedaty to utica.
I am still petrified and I think it is high time for the police to stop checking parking meters and putting more guys out at night to patrol the area. how sad that it had to come to such a tragedy.
I am still so shaken just thinking about it

amother

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 2:11 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Do they have personal safetey classes at the schools in the area? I'm always surprised that so many young children walk alone late at night. It's a high-crime area, and people shouldn't be so lackadaisical about their safety. (Obviously this statement has nothing to do with the murder that occured last night, the deceased couldn't have done anything to protect himself, there's no way the outcome could have changed).

I definitely think that residents shouldn't shout their door codes in the street. That gives anyone off the street access to the inside of their apartment buildings.

When I started college in NY, a police officer came to orientation and gave us excellent tips on staying safe. If schools don't already implement some type of safety program, they should, it can make a small difference.

I've already lost someone I loved to a violent murder in CH, and I would love to see other crimes prevented.

I also think that some extra safety measures need to be taken with the CH mikvah. Most women walk alone at night. I don't think it's safe. And people would be upset if your husband would walk you and pick you up so you can't do that. a lot of people don't have cars too. There must be a solution- security gaurds? someone to drive people?? (even paying extra- it's a matter of safety) And I also think it is very important to learn self defense- anyone know a good teacher who can get a class started?

Crayon210

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 2:15 pm
In situations like these, why can't the husband discreetly walk the wife to the mikvah and then come back to pick her up at a specific time?

I am so surprised that women go to the CH mikvah themselves!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics