Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Murder in Crown Heights
Previous  1  2  3  Next

goldrose

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 5:30 pm
crayon, I would love my dh to walk me to the mik, and pick up, and to walk me anywhere I had to go - but WHO WILL STAY WITH THE KIDS?

shopaholic

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 5:37 pm
That's right Goldrose. I now live a block away from th mikvah, so I walk, but when I move I'll bre at the other end of CH. I'm definitely gonna drive! I feel bad for those women who don't drive.

Crayon210

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 5:37 pm
I just wonder if there could be some kind of communal...understanding that people need to help each other out...it's frightening.

shaina punim

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:42 pm
did anyone hear about the shooting in crown heights today? who was the man that got shot and did they catch the people who did it?

jewgal84

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:48 pm
Quote:
At around 1:00am Efraim Klien (47) HY”D was driving down Schenectady Ave. when eye witnesses claim to have heard and seen 3 shots being fired at the minivan Efrayim was driving, after the shots the van swerved and turned into Carroll St. where he was weaving and was all over the road and went running into parked cars from the beginning of the block until hitting one car in the middle of the block bringing the car to a complete stop.

The minivan then burst into flames and 2 bystanders ran to the van and got the injured victim out of the vehicle and put out the flames. At this point Hatzalah members were already showing up on scene and began performing basic life support, at which time a Hatzalah Ambulance and a FDNY Ambulance had shown up, Hatzalah transported the victim to KCH where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

On report of the passing to all the units of Hatzalah, Shomrim & Police, snow began falling and quickly a layer covered the street only to make any search harder for police in any effort in finding any clues as to what had happened tonight.

Police are still trying to figure out what happened, and where the victim was originally shot, in a brief conversation with the CO he said that Police are looking into the possibility that the victim was shot on Union St. & Schenectady Ave. but still have no idea where he was shot.

The victim who was 42 years of age leaves behind a son who he was going to marry off next week and a daughter who is currently in Israel.

Police have initiated a Level One Mobilization in which every extra hand is called in to search for suspects, or in this case to search for any evidence of a suspect. As of now there has been no progress made.

jewgal84

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:49 pm
Deleted b/c post got doubled!

Last edited by jewgal84 on Wed, Mar 01 2006, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

jewgal84

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 6:50 pm
For more info and to see Video Clips, log onto Crownheights.info .

We should only hear and share good news- n'eNow !!!

jewgal84

Post Tue, Feb 28 2006, 8:00 pm
Update:

Quote:
Bochurim from Oholei Torah Zal and Mesivta as well as Bochurim from Chovevai Torah Zal and all grades from the Bais Rivkah High School attended Efraim Kleins Levaya along with hundreds of members of the community.

Efraim was murdered earlier this morning from wounds inflicted upon him by a gunshot wound which police still have no idea who shot him and where he was shot, and are still investigating.

The Levaya arrived in front of 770 at around 2:20pm there R. Shea Hecht said a few words about Efraim followed by him praising the Police Department for the work they are doing. R. Shloime Lieb Abramowitz said the “Michtam Ledavid” and the Kapitlach Tehillim. Then the Aron was brought out of the Hearse and was carried past 770 then reloaded back into the Hearse and went to the Montefiore Cemetery where he was laid to his final resting place.

Blossom

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 11:48 am
This is just shocking!!! Unbelievable
I think it is urgent for some safety instructions for all CH residents. And that women walk alone to the Mikveh is scary and shouldn't be allowed.
Especially certain parts of Crown Height that are very quiet at night. Even if it's Kingston Ave. women should not be walking alone at night, or children or anybody for that matter.
How sad! May we only hear B'suros Tovos!!!

estherf

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 12:59 pm
There is a way to improve things but we all have to work on it together. CHJCC has a liason between comunity and police precent. Her name is Basya Brandel. She is the person who can get us a police car next to mikva entrance all hours at night and few more cars in blocks that proved to be dangerous. That is again she who is supposed to organize classes in schools and yeshivas to explain to children when and where they should not go alone. For those who does not know phone number of CHJCC it is (718) 778-8808. It is time to act.
Another thing is if we keep quiet the city will never learn we have problems. Whenever the music from across the street si too loud I call 311. Whenever I hear somebody shooting I do the same. I do not knwo if they actualy send somebody to take care of things but it is being registered. So if amount of calls is big enough city night bring extra police to CH not only on Yomim Tovim but every day.

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Mar 01 2006, 1:10 pm
I HATE alternate side parking!!!!!

They really need to patrol CH a little better than this!!!!!!

1stimer

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 4:02 pm
I read he got caught in cross-fire between two gangs. is it true?

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 4:14 pm
Quote:
Whenever I hear somebody shooting I do the same

how often do you hear shooting?
never in my life (ba"h) have I.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 4:18 pm
Then you don't know what you're hearing.

jewgal84

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 4:52 pm
Shooting sounds are similar to fire crackers, don't mix the two!!

Living in Crown Heights, I hear them go off almsot every other night.

The diff. between fire crackers and shooting, shooting is usually followed by sounds of sirens!

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 02 2006, 5:40 pm
I dont hear fire crackers either. car crashes I do hear all the time.

Quote:
never in my life (ba"h) have I.

I should have said never in my life in NY have I. ive heard gunshots in other places.

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 10:06 am
Behind the Scenes in the Klein Investigation: How Detectives are Working the Case
By Yitzchok Wagshul, Crown Heights Chronicle – Exclusive for SHMAIS.com
10:47:PM Tuesday, Mar 07, 2006

http://www.shmais.com/pages.cf.....=news
click link to read fascinating detective work as the case progresses

an excerpt:
Quote:
A single bullet was recovered from Mr. Klein’s body. It has been identified as the bullet of either a .38 caliber revolver or a 9 mm. automatic. (Attempts are ongoing to positively identify the bullet.) The significance of this is that revolver cartridges remain in the chamber of the gun, whereas automatic weapons eject a cartridge, or shell casing, after each shot. The fact that no shell casings were recovered from the scene, despite the fact that only one of three shots was accounted for, means either that the shots were fired from a revolver, or that they were fired from an automatic that was located inside someone’s apartment or inside another vehicle. In the latter cases, the ejected shell casings would be in the apartment or vehicle, not the street.

Now, the bullet that struck Mr. Klein entered his car through the passenger side window and hit the victim in the right arm. It then passed entirely through the arm and into Mr. Klein’s torso, where it entered his heart, killing him. The parallel trajectory of the bullet—the level path it took through the arm and chest—enabled police to determine the height from which the shot was fired, which must have been approximately the same height as that of Mr. Klein’s upper torso as he sat behind the wheel of his minivan.

Tying all the above points together, this means that the shots, if fired from an automatic weapon, could not have been fired from an apartment window along Schenectady Avenue, because the height of those windows is too high for a bullet to have taken a parallel trajectory from one of them through the arm and upper torso of a person sitting in a minivan outside. The shots, if fired from an automatic weapon, could not have come from the street either, since in that case, the other two shell casings should, presumably, have been recovered. Thus, if fired from an automatic weapon, the shots must have been fired from a passing vehicle. This would explain the missing shell casings, and is consistent with the parallel trajectory of the recovered bullet.

chavamom

Post Wed, Mar 08 2006, 5:33 pm
Sounds like a 'drive-by' to me.

gryp

Post Thu, Mar 09 2006, 9:50 am
Quote:
Thursday: important "Town Hall meeting" for Crown Heights residents with the NYPD
The Vaad Hakohol of Crown Heights has organized a "Town Hall Meeting" for the entire community, durign which residents will be able to address their concerns to the NYPD.

Topics include: *Status of the murder investigation of Ephraim Klein H"YD
*Muggings
*Burglaries
*Ticketing
*Bias crimes

ATTENDING ON BEHALF OF THE NYPD will be
Deputy Inspector VEGA, Commanding Officer of the 71ST Precinct and other prominent police officials

The meeting will take place Thursday (9 Adar), 7:30pm @ the public school I S 61 400 Empire Blvd corner New York Ave and Empire Blvd

(shmais)

ILOVELIFE

Post Fri, Mar 10 2006, 2:54 am
we shld only hear good news
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics