Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Points system WW

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 12:06 am
I have 35 daily points! Someone told me that that adds up to abt 2000 calories daily. I was abt the same size the last time I went to a nutritionist and she said I need to eat abt 14-1500 calories....thats a big difference...

nicole81

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 12:14 am
do you still get the flex points?

I don't know how the new system works, but I'm doing the old flex program which has always worked for me and I get 28 points a day (you know what I weigh!) but I do get those 35 extra flex points a week which if you average them out per day would be 33 points a day. however those are option and I'm aiming to eat 30-32 points a day.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 12:27 am
yea I still get the flex points. I dunno, it just seems like a lot food..maybe I shud just stick with core...

nicole81

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 12:36 am
you might as well try it for a week and see if it works. it seems very odd that you should get 7 more points a day than me, but if you can lose weight eating that much food, great!

core is only good if you have self control and know when to stop yourself.

Chocoholic

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 12:40 pm
My mom has like what... 22 points?

cubbie

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 12:42 pm
can someone please explain how the flex point system works, I haven't been to a meeting for years so I do the old diet which is x points/day (depending on weight) of which each day you can save up to 2 to use on another day within that week, then you can get extra points for excersise or if you're pregnant or nursing.

Boys"R"Us

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 1:33 pm
35 points is aprox 1750 calories.
Does your daily amount include the weekly flex points? Or is the new program different? I also follow an older program.

~Debbie

nicole81

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 2:15 pm
this link explains how you calculate your total points for the week with the new system:

http://www.dailystrength.org/c.....oints

clarivka says in her second post that this still includes flex points. seems like a lot!

cubbie- I remember the banking system! it has changed twice since then... to the original flex plan (which I'm following) and the new turnaround/flex plan which I linked above. not to mention core, where you can eat what you want off a specified list of foods.

with the new system, you get your daily points value, and on top of that you have 35 "flex" points to use however you want to during the week. of course, you can opt not to use them at all for greater weight loss.

I love flex because I aim for my daily value, but then if I end up going a few over, it's not a big deal because I have the flex points to use. it helps me to avoid "cheating."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise