Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Do you cook foods you don't like?
Previous  1  2

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 23 2009, 9:06 am
I make the perfect steak ...

and delectable mushrooms ...

don't mind the smell but cannot stand the taste or texture of either ...

Merrymom

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 12:19 pm
I'm forever trying out new recipes so there's no need to make something horrible just because DH likes it. I'd like to take this one step further though. What if your husband likes really bland and unsalted foods while you like spice and exotic dishes. My sister makes the most boring food in the universe for her DH although she didn't grow up with dishes like that. Then again she covers her own dish in a ridiculous amount of salt and cayenne pepper to make up for the lack of taste. I could never do that. I think if you put it out enough times they eventually learn to like it. So I mix it up, some sweeter foods from DH's side and lots of salads and exotic dishes from my side. The kids love it and DH eats sushi, Israeli olives, panini's with pesto spread, and even my morrocan stuffed peppers at times.

sunshine!

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 1:13 pm
My husband absolutely loves eggplant parmesan, and I can't even stomach the thought. But I do make it for him on ocassion. It's worth it just for the compliments, since he knows I went out of my way and made it especially for him

sarahnurit

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 1:27 pm
I am allergic to garlic, and my dh used to eat tons of it, but he got used to do without...the few times that we had some in the house (somebody else brought it) I had to go to another room for the whole day (my eyes start to tear when I smell it)
For the rest, we adapted each other, I am used to mediterranean diet, dh to russian diet, but we found a balance.

mamacita

Post Sun, May 24 2009, 1:57 pm
One thing I'm enjoying about having my husband away on business (the only thing) is that we can make foods he doesn't like. Shnitzel with tomato sauce on it, chicken cacciatore, pancakes, etc. Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen