Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Instep double jogging

amother

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:30 pm
I need a very temporary double jogging stroller-- I need it to last me a year or so. Anyone have any experience with the Instep? I am coming from the Valco and don't feel like spending that much again for such short use, but will the difference in quality really bother me?

Thanks.

(Posting this anon for personal reasons.)

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:32 pm
no experience with this- what about a baby jogger city classic double. it's much cheaper than a valco, bu thigher quality than instep.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:33 pm
Thanks, but it's still more than I want to spend. We were going to learn to do without it (I do have a Maclaren) but my husband found this one online for around $160

msym

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:36 pm
I think its a good stroller esspecially for the price - HOWEVER- it is wider than most double strollers and will not fit through most doorways - so beware! I was looking into the instep before I got my bumbleride but did not get it because of the size.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 12:41 pm
go to www.windsorpeak.com & check out the stroller portion of the message boards. see what the ladies over there think. I would pay pecial attention if the poster called strollerqueen replies to your post.

mummiedearest

Post Tue, Apr 28 2009, 8:38 pm
I have it and love it. the construction is sturdy, folds easily, pushes like a dream, is comfy, comes with removable padding, has a good basket (put things in it from the side. you have to get used to it) brake works well, etc.

a few cons:

the seats don't sit up much. my kids like to hold the safety bar anyway, so this doesn't bother me.
there's not much of a divider between seats. my daughter likes to fall asleep with her head on her brother's lap. they don't mind, so I don't either.
the handlebar is relatively low. I'm short, so I like it. my nearly 6' husband doesn't mind, but my somewhat shorter (but taller than me) sil does.
the sunshade stinks, but I got a kiddopotamus rayshade that works fine.
there's no parent tray. there's a nice pocket in the back, though, so that works for me. you can also buy a separate parent tray if you feel you need one.

I'm very glad I got this stroller. any questions, you're welcome to pm me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics