Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Suggestions for toddler games

Seraph

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 5:47 am
What games can be played with toddlers?

Simon says is one.
Follow the leader another.
Duck duck goose, another.

What else?

RachelEve14

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 9:39 am
red light green light

cubbie

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 9:45 am
sleeping lions
musical statues

Seraph

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 9:54 am
what are those games? I've never heard of them.

RachelEve14

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 10:47 am
Red light / green light.

One kid stands on one side. Other kids on a line. First kid says green light. all kids run. Then the "leader" says "red light" everyone freezes. Anyone moves they go back to the start. First to touch the "leader" gets to be the next leader.

Musical Statues. Play music, when you stop the music the kids have to freeze. Whoever moves is "out" (or you can just keep going and not have kids "out"

Sleeping Lions I don't know.

cubbie

Post Thu, May 07 2009, 10:59 am
Sleeping lions - kids lie down and pretend to be sleeping lions you tell them things that you think will make them move or laugh, whoever moves is out, whoever manages to stay a sleeping lion longest wins.

RachelEve14

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 1:03 am
Cubbie sounds neat. I'm keeping that game in mind.

e1234

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 1:36 am
my kids play some really cute that they love and I have never heard of so must be Israeli

1. kid puts her head down. Gannent (or mommy or someone in charge) chooses a kid who taps her on the back.
they sing a little change (tuk tuk me ani oh ma shmi ) or something like that and the kid has to guess.
my girls can play this for hours (with just 2 of them or maybe 3 so really hard guessing!)

2. 1 kid is sent out then 1 kid goes on the floor under a blanket -- they sing some chant in yiddish about this pretty girl who should make a sound and then the kid on the floor says kuku riko tarnigol and the kid has to guess who's under the blanket.

greentiger

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 1:56 am
Animals. No real point to this game besides keeping the kids busy and tiring them out. You just shout out the name of an animal and all the kids will pretend to be that animal. "Cat" they all jump on the floor and meow. "Bird" they all run around flapping their arms. You can keep this up for pretty long especially if you do it with them.

e1234, that's called "Gamad, gamad baya'ar" and kids really love it. My little sister used to play it with her dolls when she had noone else.

e1234

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 1:58 am
greentiger - that's a good idea to play with dolls.
it's amazing how many times my 3 and 4 year old can play it without getting bored.

greentiger

Post Fri, May 08 2009, 2:16 am
Yeah, as if they don't know who is hiding under the blanket Smile

chavs

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 5:20 pm
whats the time mr woolf. Its great for counting

http://www.gameskidsplay.net/G.....f.htm

mamacita

Post Tue, May 12 2009, 9:09 pm
My kids could play ring around the rosies until we are all dizzy.

We also play pass the ball. I call out who should get the ball next and I switch the directions and sometimes add more than one ball so it can get kinda crazy, but fun.

Head shoulders knees & toes is fun. My mom is a teacher and she has a version called Tony Chestnut (Toe, Knee, Chest, Nut (head)) and the 2nd verse is about his sister Eileen (I lean) that has more actions for the kids to do.

chavs

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 5:47 am
some other games that are good are 'See the little bunnies sleeping' and 'Dingle dangle scarecrow' both songs there are parts where the child lays pretending to be asleep and then jumps up and moves
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics