Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Which of the current serial stories are you following?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Mar 05 2010, 11:28 am
Oh it's already ending? that's way too soon. I thought this would go on for a year!

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Mar 07 2010, 4:40 pm
Does anybody know if Shortchanged will come out in a book form?

tweety99

Post Sun, Mar 07 2010, 4:53 pm
chocolate fondue wrote:
I think EGS is actually starting to pull it all together now. Now you realize why she made Blanche lose her job at Macy's. I hate being left on a cliff-hanger though - I want to know what Blanche says to Morris (when the elephant gets off her sternum Wink

lol! me too! I hate being left hanging!!!!!

chocolate fondue

Post Sun, Mar 07 2010, 5:01 pm
Quote:
I think the last chapter is next week or the week after and it's gonna be awesome....and after that chapter she's doing s/thing awesome...look out for it!

that's it? I thought it would go on for a while!!! Sad

I actually found it interesting that she didn't mention Purim - was it a non-Yom Tov in those days?

bashinda

Post Thu, Mar 11 2010, 10:54 pm
why is that the best serial they've had (okay in my opinion obviously) lasts 26 weeks and another serial whose title will go unnamed went on and on and on for at least twice that time? Harrumph!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 12:01 am
Aidelmom wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:
BusyBeeMommy wrote:
I cannot stand Dov Haller's stories anymore. If you haven't noticed, all of his characters are men who are battered by their wives and fathers. Sounds like he himself has got those issues.

Haha, u rright!
well u kno what they say..write abt what you know..

oh my that is nasty.. hope is wife/mother is not on the site..

Sooooooooo how many of you caught the article in Family First this week, quoting these very posts????? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cookies n Cream

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 12:03 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Aidelmom wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:
BusyBeeMommy wrote:
I cannot stand Dov Haller's stories anymore. If you haven't noticed, all of his characters are men who are battered by their wives and fathers. Sounds like he himself has got those issues.

Haha, u rright!

Sooooooooo how many of you caught the article in Family First this week, quoting these very posts????? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I read it and I'm llike wow everyone is on Imamother including Dov Haller!!!!!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 12:14 am
His wife *is* here, and she did read the above. LOL

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 12:58 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Really? It said her sister sent it to her.

sarahd

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 6:35 am
Arrgghh, why is it that every time there's a really interesting article in Mishpacha my copy doesn't come?!

r_ch

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 8:09 am
Mama Bear wrote:

So that she knows, I *love* his stories! Lady They are *professional* writing.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 9:34 am
Mama Bear, very cute for reviving this thread apropos to the Mishpacha article.
Well, now that I know that R' Haller goes for the feedback, I just hope he does due diligence before letting a laudatory article about the camp be a cover story. But honestly, I give him too much credit to do something like that; if the magazine does get burned I'm sure it'll all be logical and well-done.

I do have something about writers who seem to be having more fun than the readers. Picture Perfect (Hamodia) was just reaching a breaking point. But I think I can handle it now ;-)

Reesa

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 10:00 am
is anyone following the new serial in the Binah by Etka Gittel Schwartz? I usually like her writing, but I'm just not going for this one. anyone else?

zigi

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 11:33 am
I like it. I like reading about war

the mishpacha article sounds interesting maybe I will buy it today. they have left over copies in the store

chavamom

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 1:49 pm
I am really enjoying this one! But I am a history buff, so maybe that is just me.

sunny90

Post Sun, Jun 09 2013, 3:39 pm
I haven't really gotten into the EGS story. I find that I really don't feel the characters at all, like I really don't care what happens to them. With Full Harvest you were pulled in right away by Gella and Sam etc. In this one, I'm still trying to figure out who is the main protagonist, finding Caro very vapid and annoying, and generally feeling very confused.

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 3:44 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
Aidelmom wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:
BusyBeeMommy wrote:

Haha, u rright!

I was not on Imamother back in those days, so I did not recognize the quotes. But, the minute I read them in Family First, I thought to myself, betcha that was Imamother!! LOL

mandr

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 4:13 pm
lkwdmommy wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
Aidelmom wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:
BusyBeeMommy wrote:

Haha, u rright!

I was not on Imamother back in those days, so I did not recognize the quotes. But, the minute I read them in Family First, I thought to myself, betcha that was Imamother!! LOL

Exactly what I thought! I never saw this post but the first thing I thought of was Imamother!

penguin

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 4:36 pm
My problem with serials is when they have several sub-plots going on (which almost all do). How am I supposed to remember all of them from week to week? Kind of makes you feel like just waiting til the book comes out...

mandr

Post Tue, Jun 11 2013, 4:41 pm
Right. Also, only half the subplots are interesting and when one issue focuses only on those boring subplots I feel like the issue was a waste of money Wink
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room