Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Name tapes/labels/tags

Iluvmykids

Post Wed, May 13 2009, 1:10 pm
anyone know where is the cheapest place to get name tapes for camp?

CuteGirl613

Post Sun, May 15 2011, 7:58 pm
bump

Iluvmykids

Post Sun, May 15 2011, 9:01 pm
I don't know if this is the cheapest place, but I ordered online 500 pieces for less than $30 with tax and shipping from outinstyle.com About $.05 each. I was happy with them. They were the iron on type, but I ended up sewing them on. They are still on now 2 years later and you can still read them.
Let me know if you end up ordering there and of you are happy too.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 15 2011, 9:19 pm
You should definately look into the clothing label stamp. Makes labeling so much easier. I think it was about $25.

zaq

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 7:05 am
I just wrote my kids' names with laundry marker, I think it's called RubaDub and is like a Sharpie but for fabric. For dark colors and stretchy knits like socks, I wrote their names in fabric paint. In the long run this may be more expensive than the clothing stamp, but on thin, light-colored garments the stamp sometimes shows through. The stamp also won't work on dark colors, and you'd have to order a separate one for each child unless you use only your last name. That can work if your last name isn't too terribly common, but if you're a Levine or a Schwartz, forget it.

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 10:29 am
Do you live the NY area? I know that there is a company based in Monroe that sells them through various dry goods stores. In Lakewood, I ordered them at Shoppers Paradise. I don't remember exactly how much they were, but the price was fairly reasonable. I have a very common last name, so I added my phone number to the labels.

okeydocke

Post Sun, Jun 12 2011, 7:21 am
RubaDub and is like a Sharpie but for fabric. For dark colors and stretchy knits like socks, I wrote their names in fabric paint
does any1 know where to get these 2 markers?
and aslo do you have any expereince using it? did it last on the laundry thru the summer?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children