Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Hair for a wedding for girls with short hair.
1  2  Next

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 12:53 pm
I have a family wedding next week, and my dds both have short hair. they are 8 and 9, so I can't help thinking hairbands are too young for them. anyone else have girls with short hair - what did you do with them? just leave it plain? a couple of nice rhinestone clips along the edge? hairband with a big flower?

the dresses are ivory.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:15 pm
merelyme wrote:
Hairbands are in now even for much older girls, but they're usually not super-dressy.
How short is their hair? Is it layered or all one length? If it's all one length, there's more to play with. There's special glue to attach "diamonds" to the hair, and the hair itself can be sprayed to stay in place. Is there someone in your community you can ask? Or maybe you can e-mail a photo to a professional and have her give you suggestions.
Hatzlacha and mazel tov!

I guess its layered. maybe I am just not around frum people so I don't know what is in, but hairbands look kind of nerdy, at least the ones I've looked at. I guess if it is a really really nice one it could work.

I was thinking of designing my own, get a plain ivory headband and buy stuff from a haberdashery shop to dress it up.

cookielady

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:19 pm
Raisin wrote:
merelyme wrote:
Hairbands are in now even for much older girls, but they're usually not super-dressy.
How short is their hair? Is it layered or all one length? If it's all one length, there's more to play with. There's special glue to attach "diamonds" to the hair, and the hair itself can be sprayed to stay in place. Is there someone in your community you can ask? Or maybe you can e-mail a photo to a professional and have her give you suggestions.
Hatzlacha and mazel tov!

I guess its layered. maybe I am just not around frum people so I don't know what is in, but hairbands look kind of nerdy, at least the ones I've looked at. I guess if it is a really really nice one it could work.

I was thinking of designing my own, get a plain ivory headband and buy stuff from a haberdashery shop to dress it up.

Good idea. A glue gun and some silk flowers and rhinestones. then you will be good to go.

cassandra

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:20 pm
Headbands are very in over here because of a television character, and many of them are really very fancy and appropriate for a wedding-- like with big flowers or crystals. Can you find something like that where you are?

bbmom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:24 pm
Headbands are majorly in style over here.

I vote for making your own-

Buy a comfy, plain headband and a couple of fake flowers, maybe a few rhinestones and glue gun it all together.

This type of stuff is so up my alley.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:24 pm
cassandra wrote:
Headbands are very in over here because of a television character, and many of them are really very fancy and appropriate for a wedding-- like with big flowers or crystals. Can you find something like that where you are?

just spent a fun day looking. I will go again tomorrow.

I found these http://accessoryworldonline.co.....D=204 online, (that shop has others too but all very similar) and someone can bring them to the wedding for me, but I am not enamoured with them.

Oh, and my older dd will probably point blank refuse to wear one anyway. She hates the dress I got her. Wink

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:26 pm
bbmom wrote:
Headbands are majorly in style over here.

I vote for making your own-

Buy a comfy, plain headband and a couple of fake flowers, maybe a few rhinestones and glue gun it all together.

This type of stuff is so up my alley.

I just hope that headbands are in style in the place the wedding is. (not the USA)

bbmom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:28 pm
That one looks nice but expensive!!

Can you find out from someone who lives there if it's in style?

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:28 pm
Hairbands certainly are 'in' over here too.

Have a look around the Accessory World website. I was in there last week (for the first time ever! my daughters finally persuaded me!....) there are many pretty ones to choose from in the shop.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:29 pm
instead of diamonds you can glue tiny flowers ... http://www.joann.com/joann/cat.....85919
http://www.joann.com/joann/cat.....85877

you can also make a wreath with baby's breath ... and ivory ribbon streaming down the back (not past the length of the hair)
http://www.pinkprincess.com/h017i.html
or have a florist make one

Barbara

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:30 pm
Hair screws

http://www.weddingsparkles.com.....s.htm

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:31 pm
mummy-bh wrote:
Hairbands certainly are 'in' over here too.

Have a look around the Accessory World website. I was in there last week (for the first time ever! my daughters finally persuaded me!....) there are many pretty ones to choose from in the shop.

I looked on their website, I don't think they have everything on it though, and my sil doesn't have time to go and look for me. as a last resort they have a couple of possibles, but nothing amazing.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:33 pm
Barbara wrote:
Hair screws

http://www.weddingsparkles.com.....s.htm

I tried those on my dds hair today. but I think she will need a lot of gel or stuff in her hair for it to look good. but its a possibility. I like that idea better then the hairband, but I am not sure how it will look.

cassandra

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:34 pm
I've used something similar to that but with teeny clips on the bottom so they stay in well.

bbmom

Post Mon, Jun 01 2009, 1:35 pm
greenfire wrote:
instead of diamonds you can glue tiny flowers ... http://www.joann.com/joann/cat.....85919
http://www.joann.com/joann/cat.....85877

exactly what I was imagining

blondie

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 7:58 am
Mom of just girls here.
I think the prettiest would be to clip some front hair off to one side just slightly back, with something fancy like a flower clip or sparkly something. The best and cheapest place to get something like that is at a beauty supply store. You don't need to spend a lot on it but it's worth it to have it done by the hairdresser so the style will hold for the wedding. I don't think a headband is very wedding-like.

MiamiMommy

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 8:13 am
blondie wrote:
Mom of just girls here.
I think the prettiest would be to clip some front hair off to one side just slightly back, with something fancy like a flower clip or sparkly something. The best and cheapest place to get something like that is at a beauty supply store. You don't need to spend a lot on it but it's worth it to have it done by the hairdresser so the style will hold for the wedding. I don't think a headband is very wedding-like.

I love that look! Especially with this:

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/.....clips

pink_nails

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 10:02 am
I agree with blondie. Part the hair in a side part, get a nice hair clip- maybea big bow or flower (they're both very in). H&M- (if you have one nearby) has a lot of these cool hair accessories. Or if you don't have any store nearby selling these ready made clips you can make them yourself. Get a long bobby pin- or any kind of plain pin, buy a nice bow or flower- any sewing store or beauty palor should have them and just glue gun it on!
My sister just did that for my niece and it came out beautiful!
Good luck

Raisin

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 12:07 pm
I bought a bunch of little rosebuds and pearls today in a haberdashery shop. also some cheap hairbands. the rosebuds come on wires so I twiseted a whole bunch of rosebuds and pearls round one of the hairbands. looks great on the baby, but she doesn't like wearing it. still think it looks babyish on the older girls.

pink_nails

Post Tue, Jun 02 2009, 12:14 pm
So why dont you try for the older ones just one big flower- the big ones are very in style. Even if they're not so big, any flowers are in style
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries