Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries
Uppababy stroller

momaholic

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 1:46 pm
I am expecting and looking into getting the uppababy stroller. Can anyone tell me if they have experience with it and if they like it or not?

canadamom

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 2:03 pm
I have the uppababy 2009 version and I love it! It wheels very nicely, the bassinet is great (it comes with a little mattress and sheet) It folds pretty easily, the basket on the bottom is huge, all the parts come apart and are machine washable, the handlebars come up nice and high.....

One big problem is that the seat does not sit up completely. right now my baby is still little, but when he gets bigger, I might need to put a small pillow behind him.

(Oh, and wherever I go I get compliments, it has a nice sleek look)

bbmom

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 5:21 pm
In general I love it.

Pros: (not in any specific order)
1. It was the lowest priced bassinet stroller when I bought it. The Bugaboo Frog went down in price shortly after I bought mine, but is now back up. Other strollers like Quinny and Mutsy cost about the same as the Vista but sell the bassinet separately for an extra charge.

2. Very easy to switch between bassinet/car seat adapter/regular seat

3. Telescoping handlebar. BIG plus for us as DH is over 6 ft tall.

4. HUGE basket - love love love the basket.

5. Extra pop out canopy is great for the sun.

6. Folds with the seat attached, only when the seat is in the forward facing, fully upright postion. Even though DD still faces me, I consider this a plus. I go in a car about twice a month and I use the car seat adapter most of the time, but when I do bring the regular seat in the car, even though there's an extra step in turning the seat around, it takes less trunk space when folded in one piece.

7. All bassinet and seat fabrics are removable and washable.

Cons:
1. The bassinet is short - 26 inches in length - DD is long and grew out of it before I was really ready to switch her. She was so tiny that she looked ridiculous in the seat, I couldn't get the straps tight enough to hold her in place and she kept sliding around so I had to put an insert in.

2. At first I thought the rain cover was so sleek and nice but when it comes down to it I don't love it. It only looks normal if the foot rest is practically all the way down, otherwise it bunches up and you can see your baby.

3. I was a little concerned about the seat recline - it doesn't go all the way up like other strollers, but I compared it with a friend who has an 18 month old in a bugaboo and she said her DC would be fine reclined a bit and she doesn't always use the fully upright position anyway. I'm still not sure sure about it but I won't know until DD is big enough to care.

4. It's heavy.

5. The bumper bar is a pain.

6. It's on the wider end of strollers. If I don't go through a doorway perfectly straight, I bump, it also takes up most of the trunk.

7. It pushes well and is easy to manuver, even with one hand, but it does not provide as smooth a ride as other expensive strollers out there.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Jul 09 2009, 7:35 pm
I'll add one more pro:
They recently came out with a rumbleseat-an additional seat that attaches to it to easily (and cheaply-$120) convert it to a double. It is nicer than the phil and teds in that it doesn't look like the second kid is in the basket and he/she also can't touch the wheels. It wheels better than the baby jogger or valco with a jumpseat on.
I just bought it for myself instead of my side by side double and love it so far!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Child-related inquiries