Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
24 year old missing in India UPDATED

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Jul 28 2009, 11:57 am
Amichai and his family are former neighbors of ours. Please say Tehillim for his safe return. Amichai ben Devora.

Quote:
Amichai Steinmetz, aged 24, of Maaleh Levonah set out from the Indian village of Kiriganga last Tuesday to go on a day trip to the Parvati Valley in India, but he has not been seen since. His friend, who returned from another trip in the region, has reported him missing.

The Chabad House in Menali, which is run by Rabbi Baruch Shenhav, has set up an incident room and has sent other Israeli tourists on searches throughout the region. A search and rescue team from the Harel Insurance Company has also flown to India to help locate Amichai.

Every Friday (during the five months that he has been in India), Amichai has taken care to call his parents in Israel. However, this week, they did not hear from him.

As soon as Amichai was reported missing, the Chabad House updated the Israeli Consulate. The Chabad House has also posted notices throughout the city with Amichai’s picture and its phone number in an effort to jog anyone’s memory.
(SOURCE: COL.ORG.IL)

Last edited by BeershevaBubby on Tue, Oct 20 2009, 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Atali

Post Wed, Jul 29 2009, 12:23 am
Please keep us updated

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 2:36 pm
praying for his safe return !!!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 2:43 pm
Oy vey. This hits close to home as I have a 24 year old nephew currently in India...
May Amichai ben Devora come back safely.

servewithjoy

Post Sun, Aug 02 2009, 2:54 pm
Thank you for posting this -- may we hear good news soon!

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 5:44 am
http://www.vosizneias.com/4001.....ichai

So sad...

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 20 2009, 8:40 am
C'v!
Yes, there are dangerous areas for going alone, be it due to nature or to men...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed