Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Front loader washing machine reviews

JMto2

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 12:33 pm
I need to get a new washing machine and I am looking into a front loader I would like to know what you have and what your experience with it has been. like are the clothing really cleaner etc. Thanks a ton.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 2:30 pm
I hear Frigidair is popular and under $1000

PIP

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 3:31 pm
LOOOVE my LG. Super Capacity, I use very little detergent, everything usually comes out, it has a prewash option, and the clothes come out practically dry. Every time I unload the wash I thank Hashem! (I'm not kidding!) The only thing is, it takes longer than a top loader to finish. But that's not a big deal.
It also has a ton of options. There is a steam clean option to freshen up dry clean only item (great for DH's suit when the kids crumple it up!) , a baby wash, gentle cycle, perm press, sanitary (LOVEE this cycle but it takes 2 hours)

The Dryer is also great. It senses how wet the clothes are and times the dryer accordingly as it's drying.

curlytop

Post Fri, Aug 07 2009, 3:59 pm
Frigidair generally makes cheap appliances, that break faster, IMO

Annie

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 9:29 pm
We just bought a GE front loader. I like it a lot (especially b/c now my 10 year old can learn to help with laundry b/c she can reach it). Lots less detergent, clothes kind of seem cleaner, but not by a ton but it does take A LOT longer, especially if you use the super clean or sanitize options. That said, I like having those options and we've gotten used to the time constraints.

Also, our clothes mostly come out spun drier, so we use less time on the dryer which helps with electricity.

zz-ez

Post Sun, Aug 09 2009, 11:01 pm
PrettyInPink wrote:
LOOOVE my LG. Super Capacity, I use very little detergent, everything usually comes out, it has a prewash option, and the clothes come out practically dry. Every time I unload the wash I thank Hashem! (I'm not kidding!) The only thing is, it takes longer than a top loader to finish. But that's not a big deal.
It also has a ton of options. There is a steam clean option to freshen up dry clean only item (great for DH's suit when the kids crumple it up!) , a baby wash, gentle cycle, perm press, sanitary (LOVEE this cycle but it takes 2 hours)

The Dryer is also great. It senses how wet the clothes are and times the dryer accordingly as it's drying.

Is this a stackable washer/dryer? That's what I need! My Maytag is the pits!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry