Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Providing P3 services

amother

Post Thu, Aug 13 2009, 8:00 pm
Can anyone give me more information about how I would go about doing this. The first thing I would need to know is what certification I need to qualify. Any info would be appreciated.

Reality

Post Thu, Aug 13 2009, 8:21 pm
Your child has to be approved by the board of ed. I believe the school has to recomend & then the Board of ed. does an evaluation.

happyone

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 1:06 am
I believe she's asking about PROVIDING P3 services, not getting the service.
Is that so?

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 10:04 am
You need to have a masters in special education. Then, you need to become board sertified so that you can bill the board of ed.

under age 5 it's called SEIT... after that, age 5 and over it's called SETS or P3 (a few years ago it was called P4) but the board of ed calls it tutoring, not P3.

Also, if you want to take a child who has Yiddish on his IEP, then you must also become board certified for yiddish language.

The hour you become certified, I have work for you, LOL

amother

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 12:01 pm
not correct shaklee. op, contact boe. they will know. ur degree needs to be in school age, not early childhood.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 12:04 pm
I said that P3 is for age 5 to third great... but under AND over 5, both still need the same masters + board certification.

QUEENY

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 3:02 pm
I have a master's in reading birth-2nd grade. I was told I can provide p3.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 6:17 pm
I guess I should have been a bit more specific. I have a masters in SE from B-2 and am certified from BOE for that. I was wondering if I needed something else or if that was okay. Also as far as doing older grades does anyone know how I would go about that- would I need to get a dual certificate or is there a way to talk to BOE and get experience to count for you? I know this was never an issue as they used to give certificates for all ages, but now I'm assuming it's a problem.

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2009, 6:49 pm
The mother will need you to fill out the RSA form, with your info (Social security, legal name) and she has to send that in to the BOED for approval, along with a copy of your State Teacher's Certificate. As soon the approval arrives to you in the mail, you can start working/billing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics