Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Kids driving me insane

amother

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 4:10 am
so its nearly the end of the school holidays the kids have been home for six weeks with me with no friends to play with and they are driving me round the bend I feel like walking out of the house and never coming back .everything u do they always moan and ive had enough. my cleaner has been away and I have help with the kids and housework but everything is done in halfs and I feel like im picking up after two extra adults aswell as my kids and I dont feel like im coping with things at all. does anyone have any advice for me to stop wanting to walk out the door.

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 4:49 am
Why don't you let your kids watch DVD's so you have some peace and quiet and time to do some house work?

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 4:59 am
I dont have much advice, but I have found that when I focus completely on the kids, and dont even try to get other things done, we're all much happier. If I am sitting at the computer, or washing dishes, and the kids want something, and keep nudging till they get it, we all get frustrated. But if I dont feel like I need to do something else, I am much more responsive to them, so they dont moan as much, so I dont get as frustrated. I know it's easier said than done, and therefore the laundry doesnt get folded, but that's better than everyone being angry.
One way that this really happens is to just go out, to the park or someplace, and then there is no way I can do anything else, so I dont feel have to. And the kids can air out and just run, and I can sit on the bench and relax a little bit too...
Also, can you get a babysitter for a few hours one evening, and go out by yourself or with DH and have some quiet, adult time.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 8:58 am
My kids make me insane too. Join the club.

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 9:01 am
Not sure the ages, but my kids are small and letting them just get outside and run around (or to the mall indoor play area if it's too hot or wet) is just the greatest thing. I don't need to do a lot of disciplining. They get to burn off energy. They will be tired later and hungry so less like to argue about dinner or give me a big song and dance by bed time. Sure, not home to do work, but will have time later when they will be out of my hair!

Raisin

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 9:01 am
get out the house! park, beach, playground, zoo, even the shops and let them play aorund in a toyshop - the type that lets you play with their toys.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Sep 01 2009, 7:01 pm
yeah I took my boys to trader joes today to try to get some basic things.

It's as if something switched in their brains, as soon as we got to check out the fight began and the screaming.. I just kept saying to myself, tomorrow is the first day of full day school tomorrow is the first day of full day school. The cashier heard me say it, I guess I was speaking out loud!! He started laughing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children