Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Streaks!

punktfarkert

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 3:14 pm
When cleaning glass, mirrors, etc., how do you avoid getting streaks?!!? I usually shpritz the surface and then try to wipe/scrub it with a paper towel, and I always end up with these G-d-awful streaks!!! Do I need to use a real towel or something?

Tangentially: perhaps this is related to the fact that I could never paint my own nails well... I always end up with streaks/lines on the nail... as opposed to a perfectly smooth layer like the manicurists... What

Advice? Thanks.

fiddle

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 3:15 pm
try newspaper

solo

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 3:25 pm
r ur windows really dirty.
r u spraying to much
using a cheap brand

I have the same problm with manicures but my windows never streak

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 3:50 pm
fiddle wrote:
try newspaper

Can you explain this to me? I have had cleaning ladies that asked me if I have newspaper for the windows but never understood why. Isn't newspaper dirty? As in it gets all over your hands when you read it...

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Sep 03 2009, 4:23 pm
add some ammonia to your spray bottle, if you can stand the smell.

louche

Post Fri, Sep 04 2009, 11:36 am
BennysMommy wrote:
fiddle wrote:
try newspaper

Can you explain this to me? I have had cleaning ladies that asked me if I have newspaper for the windows but never understood why. Isn't newspaper dirty? As in it gets all over your hands when you read it...

Isn't it amazing? Newspaper ink does get all over your hands, but it's great for cleaning glass and mirrors. You WILL get streaks if the windows are really filthy, as in covered with dust and soot. For that. first use dry newspaper to rub off the heavy surface grime. Then spray lightly with diluted vinegar, diluted ammonia, or even plain water, and wipe with fresh newspaper till completely dry. don't wash windows on very sunny days. The windows will dry too fast and leave you with streaks.

LoveMyFamily

Post Mon, Sep 14 2009, 1:05 am
I find that using a good brand of paper towels (such as Viva or Bounty), works well and does not leave streaks or dust
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry